• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design Online??

D&Tgraphics

Hi All, It's been a while. I'm looking to get suggestions from people here that may use a design online tool on their website. I want to see some in action and get thoughts on how they work for people. My thought is to possibly add this to my services for those simple birthday banners and such that I usually avoid because of all the time wasted hand holding but can still bring in money. Just another way to keep the printers running non stop. I would really appreciate some suggestions and I'll take some bashing from those who love to bash also. It's been a while since I've takin' part in a good bashing for having a thought. LOL. Thanks.

DerbyCitySignGuy

There are several options out there for digital storefronts, but they're not cheap. A web developer could probably custom make one for you, but that's beaucoup money too.

particleman

I've spent the last 10 years building design online software.

My advice would be to Google "Birthday Banners" take note of the price other companies charge online. Add in the development cost and advertising cost and you'll quickly find out your time would be better spent on some other venture.

As far as a site there are several pay per month canned solutions, but again see how many of the big players use canned solutions.

bannertime

My advice would be to Google "Birthday Banners" take note of the price other companies charge online. Add in the development cost and advertising cost and you'll quickly find out your time would be better spent on some other venture.

Second this. Not to mention, unless you're going to have some intern designer making templates for every banner size in lots of different alterations, you'll never be happy with the outcome. Customers that seek the design tool options will rarely be able to design anything worthwhile, from a blank canvas. Factor in them uploading watermarked stock photos, misspellings, and poor color choices it's all a nightmare.

I've seen many shops try to integrate those tools into there websites to quickly remove them and offer design services instead.

You're efforts will be better placed in making it easier for designers to upload their artwork and even easier for non-designers to get in touch with a sales person.