• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Designing to simulate window perf?

tiredcreations

How is everyone doing this? If tried a few quick methods but finally wanted to create a file
I could use repeatedly. So, I made a billion circles in Flexi to make the look but it keeps bogging down the program.
There's gotta be an easier way, right? :banghead:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That sounds ludicrous. If you wanna be that anal about looking like perf, just make the background a light grey color. From 3' away in real life, no one can see the holes anyway. It's just blurs down to a grey.

Isn't this already more work then just ordering window perf and printing it on that. And if your just going to leave the dots black or white then what really is the point.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just edit that ahead of time and tell them, it simply won't work. Why would you waste time making drawings, clogging up your hard drive and explaining in detail why NOT to do something ?? Concentrate on what can be done and promote that, not the negative.

If you insist on doing this or have a myriad of customers wanting this kinda thing, just make a few samples, mount it on glass/plexi and show them first hand what it will look like. Hold it at a distance and let them see and decide for themselves.

Andy D

How is everyone doing this? If tried a few quick methods but finally wanted to create a file
I could use repeatedly. So, I made a billion circles in Flexi to make the look but it keeps bogging down the program.
There's gotta be an easier way, right? :banghead:

I'm not sure about flexi, but having too many vector points is what slows down corel more than anything.
I find it's better to make a useable section, convert it to a high resolution image and just make multiple copies of it for
the larger image.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Why simulate perf? If you want to show customers what it looks like buy a short roll for future use or ask your supplier for a sample yard of material...

trik

I just show my customers what I have done in the past to let them know the print will not look the same on the perf. But if wanted to try and show them on the layout, just masked the perf area and fade it 20% or so to show them it will look lighter, so to speak! good luck!

WrapGuy10

I turn down the opacity to 60 percent on my window designs while leaving everything else normal. It helps give a more realistic idea of outcome and I also have printed 5 x5 samples with my name and number on it that I give to the customers too as a point of reference.

atomic.png

mameighan

I just take an image of blank window perf found in lots of places and then overlay that on the image, bring the opacity down and you are good to go. Or use that perf as pattern in photoshop and lay over your image. It is not exact but gives an idea of what to expect.