• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

designjet L26500 not accepting printhead

yamaha581

We have an L26500 and it had a small spot on a print where the vinyl hit the head and it must have taken out the one Y/K printhead because it stopped working after that. We put in a new one and it is coming up as not accepting it and saying to redo it. Is there anything that would be causing this with a new printhead?

yamaha581

The Ribbon cable may be dirty or out of place for that head... its a common problem.
Thank you. We did try that but it still did not work. We have another new head coming tomorrow and hopefully that is the problem but I do not see it fixing it since we had tried the head from 3 in 4 and it still said 4 was not loaded correctly.

yamaha581

Does anyone else have any ideas? We have taken the printer apart cleaned it changed print heads and it still says it needs reinstalled. it does not say the head is bad though.

MikePro

had the same issue and just cleaned the contacts and reseated the printhead a couple of times and it finally took hold.
has happened to my ink cartridge too, just re-seated it a couple of times, and it was back up and running.

bilge

Always clean printhead contacts and ink cartridge chip with alcohol prior to install. Those contacts covered with some oily stuff preventing from oxidation.

yamaha581

We had it all cleaned multiple times and talked to HP and they said try replacing the carriage flex cables so we just did all that and it is still saying the same thing.

dhsigns

I know this thread is old, does anyone know if this issue was ever resolved? I am having this problem. I have tried cleanings, multiple print heads nothing seems to work. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated