• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desperate need of a mimaki JV3 part!

particleman

Hi guys, we are are in need of a Mimaki JV3 Take up motor assembly. I've talked to 5 big name sign suppliers and all are telling me the part is back ordered from mimaki, 4-6 weeks delivery time. :omg: Does anybody know of anyone who stocks this part?

E101604 take up motor assembly

These die on us occassionally, over a period of 3 years I have 3 broken ones I've kept just because it's a $300 part, but they are impossible to take apart.

TheSnowman

Who all did you talk to? I deal w/ Advantage Sign Supply, and they have everything I need most of the time, but I don't know if it ships right from Mimaki or not.

Are you sure the motor went. If it just spins and no locking to take up chance are the allen coupling(tension screw) has come loose. If you open up the case and spin the take up you will totally see what I am talking about.

This has happened to us several times.

particleman

yeah, the motor is bad for sure.

I talked to Rob and he gave me some helpful advice. We ended up ordering the whole take up assembly which mimaki did have in stock. Bunch more $$, but oh well.

Thanks Everybody