• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Destructible Vinyl

Ditchmiester

I'm looking for what I think is called Destructible Vinyl. Basically it tears into small pieces when you try to remove it. I've got a customer who always wants all of their decals on this material but now that I have an HP L26500 I would like to print them on their. Anyone know who makes this material?

Mike F

You can do them yourself if you have a cutter, just put criss-crossing cut lines on there, print, lam if you need to, cut, mask, and presto, destructible vinyl decals.

Malkin

Hyatts sells it in 15" wide rolls intended for the Gerber EDGE, presumably you can find it wider from somewhere...

Ditchmiester

I have found this material from both 3M and Avery. The catch is that they basically only sell master rolls of it. This ends up being over 6k square feet of material and the roll costs damn near 10K dollars. I don't know about your shop but that is a pretty big investment for material. Especially because it will probably be a life time supply of this material.

Jhill,

I will try finding that part number it looks really similar to the one they gave me for the master rolls of it. Thanks.

Haakon

You can do them yourself if you have a cutter, just put criss-crossing cut lines on there, print, lam if you need to, cut, mask, and presto, destructible vinyl decals.

Put this in the sun and watch the individual tiny pieces shrink to reveal crisscross lines all over the vinyl..

Did something like this for some truck stripes when I first started out, only the cutter stopped midway and I started over again on the same vinyl (to save some money). Looked great over the winter until the spring sun set in. Then a whole array of tiny lines emerged as the vinyl shrunk ever so slightly.

Bad idea. Learned the hard way. Customer lost.