• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Die Cast Aluminum Cabinet or Standard Waterproof Cabinet for Fixed OutDoor LED Installation

johnny13oi

Hi everyone, I am looking to buy either a P6 or P8 LED display in the size of 15 ft x 5 ft single sided with the back to be attached to the wall of my commercial building. I am getting many quotes from Chinese sellers in Alibaba and it seems like the two biggest choices are the Die Cast Aluminum Cabinets which seem like many use for outdoor rental situations but have read that they can also be used for permanent fixed installations as well. The regular Standard Waterproof Cabinets are big and heavy and not so modular so I am wondering if there is any downside to using the more modular Die Cast Cabinets in a permanent fixed 24/7 display solution.

Thank you for your input.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are you at all affiliated with a sign shop whatsoever ??

You're using terminology that just doesn't jive.

We are a community of professional sign makers. We are not selling or helping the outside world for this sort of thing.

:thankyou:

johnny13oi

Sorry, I did not make a proper introduction ... yes I am looking to enter into this profession at least on the reselling and designing of LED signs and this initial sign is for my store front. Since I am very new to this I am wondering if there are large differences between the two main types being used for the fixed installation.

The Die Cast Aluminum ones I am referring to are like this: http://www.ledcontrolcard.com/bmz_cache/c/c5a1d98d6fe698d0dbd745bc7bab9050.image.750x499.jpg
And the other one I was talking about are more like this: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1odpi...oof-b-font-cabinet-RGB-DIP-Full-color-P10.jpg

henryz

Just like you are doing searching on Ebay or Alibaba, anyone can order them. What they cant buy is the technical part of it. The installation and service because these do breakdown, specially coming from China. For the most part they all come in modules depending the manufacturer some will install easier than others. Depending on your sign area you will need to design accordingly to the size available.

johnny13oi

Yeah from what I read to be prepared for the servicing part. Fortunately I also am an electrician and repair electronics professionally however I am moving away from that as business has basically flat-lined completely with how cheap things have been getting. I am just wondering if there is something I am overlooking by choosing one design over the other.

ams

Don't buy cheap, they fail quickly, no support, no replacement parts, it's not a good deal.

johnny13oi

Would anyone be kind enough to send their supplier with me? I am making my first order through an Alibaba supplier and the amount is relatively large and am quite afraid to lose my money.