• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Die Cut Vinyl under rear wiper

Lifer

I have a customer that wants to put her logo and text on her mini van's rear window. (Die Cut) I asked how often she used the rear wiper. "usually just one swipe to get the rain or snow off".

Has anyone had experience with this? What life expectancy should she expect? Will it start pealing up the edge? Any Tricks?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
in the winter ... probably longer since the adhesive will be a rock ... but then so will the wiper ... so it would last longer, but sustain more damage.

In the summer ... depending on temp you'll probably be able to shift that graphic with your finger.

just set forth the expectation that the life span is dependent on wiper usage and if she uses it ... it can be gone in a week in the right conditions. Same with any window that slides (sideways or up and down) against a rubber trim.

Haakon

If the window is clear (untinted), cut the vinyl mirrored and apply to inside of window? At the shop I worked before starting my own, they did not warranty cut vinyl on car glass, only on body panels.

Jillbeans

I'd try to avoid it if I could.
I got bit in the butt by this type of job from a similar mini-van driving lady (using that term loosely)
I told her NOT to use the rear wiper for a few days after the install.
She called me six months later saying that everything was "falling off" her window.
And could I cut her a different phone number while I was at it?
OK sure.
She shows up with ONE microscopic chip on ONE letter, after I had re-cut the whole damn thing.
If you do go for this job make the client sign a waiver that you are NOT responsible for damage by a windshield wiper or an ice scraper.
Love....Jill

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Oooo ... good idea jill. For sure, Waiver the snot out of the job. crud, I think I just made myself more paperwork.

Circleville Signs

I tell every client who wants to put graphics on their rear window that this means they should forget that they even HAVE a rear wiper. It no longer exists. We are not liable, nor do we warranty ANY rear window graphics. They have to sign off on it.

CheapVehicleWrap

I'd try to avoid it if I could.
I got bit in the butt by this type of job from a similar mini-van driving lady (using that term loosely)
I told her NOT to use the rear wiper for a few days after the install.
She called me six months later saying that everything was "falling off" her window.
And could I cut her a different phone number while I was at it?
OK sure.
She shows up with ONE microscopic chip on ONE letter, after I had re-cut the whole damn thing.
If you do go for this job make the client sign a waiver that you are NOT responsible for damage by a windshield wiper or an ice scraper.
Love....Jill

If that's not asking for a C*NT punch I don't know what is. Dijya do it Jill? Dijya?

Jillbeans

Nope. But I told her that I will not re-do anything for her for free. Ever.
Then I changed my cell phone number, she got it from my idiot nephew.

slipperyfrog

I tell every client who wants to put graphics on their rear window that this means they should forget that they even HAVE a rear wiper. It no longer exists. We are not liable, nor do we warranty ANY rear window graphics. They have to sign off on it.

This is our same policy. Get them to sign off is most important in my books.