• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Difference between mimaki CJV 30-60 and mimaki CJV 150-75

davedavedave

sorry , i just found the specs... the cjv150-75 is the way to go :D:D

cjv30-60
331c962de9f69c9a9efc1f08f88a90c7.gif

cjv150-75
04341c5c6dc4cba4c84450fae1c9f3f7.gif

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The CJV30 series used a DX5 print head that had a max speed of about 150 - 200 sqft per hour. The CJV150 series has a DX7 print head and prints a max speed of about 600 sqft per hour. The CJV150 is the newer version of the CJV30 so it has some other upgrades such as a color screen etc. But the main difference is speed.

davedavedave

thx VanderJ
i noticecd that thats why i posted the spec pics...:D

im not sure wich one to get, i could get both with almost full cartridges+new rasterlink software ...
both are working... the 30-60 would cost me 2000euro... and the 150-75 would cost me about 3500
the 150-75 hardly never was used...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Mimaki-cjv1...=item2ab6b53332:g:pjwAAOSwDP1bqSF4:rk:50:pf:0

what machine would u get?
also what should i wathc out for?
if there is a new print head installed, can there still be some dried out spots somewhere?
this will be my first eco printer...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
thx VanderJ
i noticecd that thats why i posted the spec pics...:D

im not sure wich one to get, i could get both with almost full cartridges+new rasterlink software ...
both are working... the 30-60 would cost me 2000euro... and the 150-75 would cost me about 3500
the 150-75 hardly never was used...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Mimaki-cjv1...=item2ab6b53332:g:pjwAAOSwDP1bqSF4:rk:50:pf:0

what machine would u get?
also what should i wathc out for?
if there is a new print head installed, can there still be some dried out spots somewhere?
this will be my first eco printer...

That's a great price for the CJV150 if in good condition. Make sure to get a nozzle check and print a file or two before buying. A new head might have missing nozzles but they should be easily recoverable by doing a cleaning cycle.

davedavedave

That's a great price for the CJV150 if in good condition. Make sure to get a nozzle check and print a file or two before buying. A new head might have missing nozzles but they should be easily recoverable by doing a cleaning cycle.

thx i will go there after xmas ....
but im still not sure wich one i should get...
im thinking maybe the cjv30-60 would be enough for me???
i dont really need to print big stuff and i dont really need to print fast...
im ust making decals, stickers, heattranfers and banners on the side so this is no time pressure involved for me....

i talked to the seller about the cjv150-75 , it is a 7 hour ride back and forth...
he said the machine is 2yrs old and only used one load of cartridges and
there is still more then half left inside the catridges, wich he added the last time...
also he said hes going to flush and clean the print head for me so i can use it right away...
he said he would sell it to me for 4000euro ,
maybe if im lucky i can go even down a little bit more when picking it up...

the cjv 30-60 only would cost me about 1800 and only is about 5 hours back and forth...
and the seller also said the printer has a new printhead wich is already flushed and cleaned and also is ready to go....
the only thing im worried about is that the cjv 30-60 is a couple years older and has been probably alot more working hours on its shoulders then the cjv150-75.
maybe there are also some parts inside wich are about to brake soon because its already had been used alot...

i know they are basically the same machines, but does one of these pritners is "stronger build" or tend to have less hardware errors??? maybe the newer one got rid of some flaws the older one had... i would like to know wich one of these are more forgiving if i make beginner errors...

also i have a quesiton about the cartridges,
i have to admit i dont even own a inkjet printer so i rarely dont know notihing about cartridges...
i know there are 4 cartridgges for cmyk and white and black...

i saw there are a few combinations of cartridges availible, what combination is for what use???

also if i use white can i also use silver when white is empty? or du i need to stick with white all the time then?

i read online this machine can print eco and sublimation? what does this mean?
i only know sublimitaion from tshirts with full garmet prints... but im not sure what is has do to do with these pritners..

does it makes sense to get these big tanks for colors? it says u save up to 20percent but can it be this only makes sense if u really print alot or else the paint will evaporate??
would these make sense if i only print a Meter of roll each day?

sorry for all the questions :D
thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
thx i will go there after xmas ....
but im still not sure wich one i should get...
im thinking maybe the cjv30-60 would be enough for me???
i dont really need to print big stuff and i dont really need to print fast...
im ust making decals, stickers, heattranfers and banners on the side so this is no time pressure involved for me....

i talked to the seller about the cjv150-75 , it is a 7 hour ride back and forth...
he said the machine is 2yrs old and only used one load of cartridges and
there is still more then half left inside the catridges, wich he added the last time...
also he said hes going to flush and clean the print head for me so i can use it right away...
he said he would sell it to me for 4000euro ,
maybe if im lucky i can go even down a little bit more when picking it up...

the cjv 30-60 only would cost me about 1800 and only is about 5 hours back and forth...
and the seller also said the printer has a new printhead wich is already flushed and cleaned and also is ready to go....
the only thing im worried about is that the cjv 30-60 is a couple years older and has been probably alot more working hours on its shoulders then the cjv150-75.
maybe there are also some parts inside wich are about to brake soon because its already had been used alot...

i know they are basically the same machines, but does one of these pritners is "stronger build" or tend to have less hardware errors??? maybe the newer one got rid of some flaws the older one had... i would like to know wich one of these are more forgiving if i make beginner errors...

also i have a quesiton about the cartridges,
i have to admit i dont even own a inkjet printer so i rarely dont know notihing about cartridges...
i know there are 4 cartridgges for cmyk and white and black...

i saw there are a few combinations of cartridges availible, what combination is for what use???

also if i use white can i also use silver when white is empty? or du i need to stick with white all the time then?

i read online this machine can print eco and sublimation? what does this mean?
i only know sublimitaion from tshirts with full garmet prints... but im not sure what is has do to do with these pritners..

does it makes sense to get these big tanks for colors? it says u save up to 20percent but can it be this only makes sense if u really print alot or else the paint will evaporate??
would these make sense if i only print a Meter of roll each day?

sorry for all the questions :D
thank you

As far as the ink goes, I never recommend using White or Silver ink in a solvent machine. Too much hassle for not enough return. It also slows the printer down by about half even when you aren't using those colors. I would go with the CMYKx2 setup. It's the fastest setup and it allows you to print with only 4 cartridges. All other setups require 8 at all times. There are almost no advantages to the other color setups believe it or not. I also only recommend bulk ink systems if you are going through more than 2 full sets of 8 cartridges per month. Anything less than that and the ink will expire in the tanks.

Both machines can print solvent or dye sub inks but not both at the same time. You need to pick. Solvent is for outdoor signs and dye sub is for printing fabrics.

davedavedave

thank you VanderJ

like i said speed is not an issue for me thats why im thinking about going for the cjv30-60, i would rather have a little bit smaller machine then more speed...
im only doing decals and stickers and shirt heattransfers... and a few pvc banners... on the side no time pressure involved! white is very important for me , without white i could not print on clear... thats one thing i need for sure! :D

i have a few more question... wich are basically beginner questions...

1-u said sublimation is for fabrics, is a pvc banner used with eco or with sublimation colors?
so with sublimation colors i basically could print rolls of fabric wich are made for shirts or flags for example??

2- when the cjv used eco solvent colors can it still be used for sublimation colors?
or am i stuck to one color type?
same question for white, if the mashine always used white can i use silver still in it if i would like to replace?

3-is it possible to punch the decals out with the integrated plotter/cutter??
i always getting mine on one big sheet, they are only cutted, but not punched out, i really would like to have them punched out ..
i saw theres a function where u can cut dashed lines on the cjv, is it possible to cut all the way through the vinyl with this method??

4-also what kind laminator would you recommend for maximum 75cm....?
i dont want liquid stuff! i think this always makes some kind of a mess...

5- the shop im ordering from always used oracal 351 chrome vinyl to print on, could i also print on it with the cjv?
--- what kind of laminate should i use for this, im not sure about laminates at all....
--- can iuse the same laminate i use on the oracal 351 on a clear oracal vinyl also? or would i need to get a extra laminate for EACH vinyl?? what should i look out for when combining laminate and vinyl?

edit:
6- how much watt does the cjv needs?

i hope u can help me out a little bit more, im about to check out 3 printers after xmas but i would like to be informed really good before i go there,
im really exited to finally print art myself :D:D

thx for your help

Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
1 - sublimation is for fabrics and sublimation paper only. It will not work on anything else.
2 - not easily, if at all. You would need to totally flush the one ink out and change to the other and that is not at all simple. Problem is you would need an intermediate flush that is compatible with BOTH inks chemicals. Certain ink chemicals, when mixed, can and will rapidly turn into a thick gel like goo or even a solid and immediatley destroy the print head, clog lines, etc. You are also getting ink type (solvent and sublimation) questions mixed up with ink color questions in the same question. Regardless, you pick your ink type and color configuration when you first get the machine. Changing it later to try adding silver or white or anything else is expensive, uses a LOT of ink and flushing liquids, requires reconfiguring the printers firmware in its service menus. It is just not something you want to do unless it is a permanent change.
3 - not sure on the CJV is they have the feature but most better cutters do have a "perf cut" type of feature. Keep in mind that doing this does wear out cutter blades a lot faster and is a lot harder on the cutter itself due to the pressures needed to perforate the backing. Only a flatbed cutter can totally cut them out, on a roll cutter the sheet would fall apart if it were to totally cut things out.
4 - read some reviews like every other shop that started did. There are a ton of options for laminators.
5 - Again - more research, lots of research. You obviously need to take some time to learn about the different types of materials. Your vinyl supplier should be able to help you a lot on all of this.
6 - Try looking at the Mimaki website where that is listed along with the rest of the machine specifications. If you need watts you might need to covert the amperage requirements. About the only things rated in watts are light bulbs, some LED's, and some residential things like hair dryers and portable heaters.