• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Different layouts on either side of a vehicle

legacyborn

I am working on a layout right now that works very well on one side of a vehicle but looks horrible on the other. My design conscience says I shouldn't put different layouts on either side of the vehicle other than maybe mirroring some aspects.

Would love to hear thoughts.

Thanks!

phototec

That's funny to hear this because just last week I was talking t a client about a potential wrap for his horse trailer, and we discussed ideas he would like to see in the wrap design, and I thought we were finished, because typically both sides mirror each other, however he said NO, he wants two different designs on each side of the trailer.

When I explained that you can only see one side at a time, he turned my words against me, and said, exactly, that's why I want them to be different.

So, because THE CUSTOMER is always RIGHT, and is going to pay for the two separate designs, that's what were going to do.

A few years ago I did several 45' goose-neck trailer wrap deigns for some local colleges, and they wanted 4 separate designs one for each side, back and front.

So, although more design work up front, I think it will make a better overall wrap if it's original on each side, IMO.

:smile:

legacyborn

Thank you Phototec,

This isn't as much a wrap as a logo and text on a truck. Unfortunately because there are so many bits and bobs sticking off of this truck there is no good place to put a decent sized logo on one side. So it will be the same information, just layed out differently. I agree that only one side will be seen at a time, so maybe it won't matter but for the sake of branding and consistency, I would like another option (besides shrinking the logo down to 12")

Oh well. Thanks again!

Marlene

can you post it so we can how different it is? if when you look at both you still see the same company and it doesn't look like two differnt companies, it seems logical to do the problem side so it can be read.

visual800

Im not against a 2 sided vehicle with dirrefent on each BUT if its a logo, do not mess with it. You have got to stay consistent on logos as to not lose the integrity

Billct2

Not a new idea and actually can be a good one. You get to have two ads running at a time. I agree not to mess with a logo, but for some businesses it can make sense. For instance a landscaper could have one side emphasize their maintenance services and the other their construction services.

Dan Antonelli

I got a message from you but when I try to email you it gets rejected as undeliverable (your name at vacavillesigns dot com). Shoot me a direct email via my site.