• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Different Materials v colours

ButeSigns

I’m struggling to get the colours right using signlab print &cut 9.1 with JV3 2xCMYK eco solvent.
Can’t seem to find a profile to even use as a starting point to muck about with.
I’m using Metamark materials.... does the make of material affect colour reproduction?
Ie will 2 diff makes of premium vinyl yield diff colours when printed with the same profile ?

AF

Different materials will require different ICC profiles. The white point dofference alone can change how colors appear. Factor in optical brightener differences for more discrepancy. The materials themselves will hold different amounts of ink and the inks will bleed different amounts. And more.

This is where a spectrometer comes in. Color profiling is a black art and you need to know what you are trying to achieve before starting any profile creation process.

ButeSigns

Different materials will require different ICC profiles. The white point dofference alone can change how colors appear. Factor in optical brightener differences for more discrepancy. The materials themselves will hold different amounts of ink and the inks will bleed different amounts. And more.

This is where a spectrometer comes in. Color profiling is a black art and you need to know what you are trying to achieve before starting any profile creation process.

ikarasu

I1pro is the most common affordable.

I've never used signlab before. Before buying a spectro make sure it can create it's own ICC profiles. It may be an optional add on that costs money. My printer came with flexi... They wanted $2000 so I could create my own ICC profiles. Onyx has different versions also... It wouldn't surprise me if signlab also has different levels.