• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digiprint supplies??

Status
Not open for further replies.

signrios

Recently bought a dx4 print head for my aging roland from digiprint supplies.
i hired a local tech to have the head installed, the install wasn't successful. head was completely dead
my tech checked all cable and fuses everything worked
proceeded to re-install my old head and we were printing again.

now it's been almost two weeks of trying to send the head back to get it inspected. digiprint is making it
very difficult to do so.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Industry standard is no returns on electrical parts. There is no way to know if the tech dropped some cleaning solution on the electronics while installing and there is no way to know if the machine had a pre-existing condition that caused the new head to short out. It's a risk you take when you don't go to the manufacturer directly but it saves you money. Even the manufactures are very hard to get replacements from and have very strict requirements for a replacement. I had a warranty claim denied by a well known printer manufacturer even though their tech installed the part on contract with us. The reason? The customer is the one who diagnosed the initial issue. That's it. That's all it took to be denied.

That being said, we usually will troubleshoot with our customers and offer another head at a highly discounted price. It's the closest we can come to meeting half way without losing our hat. More than half of our customers install the head themselves and we can't afford to pay for their mistakes without raising prices significantly. Also, there currently is no way to confirm with the manufacturer if a tech is actually certified at the moment which makes verifying the tech impossible. You might be surprised at how many independent techs have never been trained at all and just happen to, "be good with tools"

signrios

thanks for your input, i'll see what comes out of it. they want me to ship it back.
but seems like they've already made up their mind that is was my installers fault.:mad:

player

Wow. I am thinking about buying a $1,700 mainboard from them. They claimed a 1 year warranty. Doesn't sound like they actually have such a warranty now. Are they scammers?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Wow. I am thinking about buying a $1,700 mainboard from them. They claimed a 1 year warranty. Doesn't sound like they actually have such a warranty now. Are they scammers?

From their site under warranty:

As a consumer, you have certain legal rights. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under these Terms & Conditions will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law. Certain Products sold by DIGIPRINT SUPPLIES may include a warranty to the extent that the supplier or manufacturer of such Product offers a warranty on the Product.

Basically they extend the manufacturer's warranty to you which means if you can't prove a certified tech installed the part you don't have a warranty.

player

From their site under warranty:

As a consumer, you have certain legal rights. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under these Terms & Conditions will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law. Certain Products sold by DIGIPRINT SUPPLIES may include a warranty to the extent that the supplier or manufacturer of such Product offers a warranty on the Product.

Basically they extend the manufacturer's warranty to you which means if you can't prove a certified tech installed the part you don't have a warranty.
edit: invoice issue solved.

Last edited:

stephane

Merchant Member

Hi Player,

We understand your concern but we have been in the market for more than 10 years with more than 100,000 customers worldwide. All of our products carry a comprehensive product warranty and we offer a one year warranty with every printhead.

Feel free to contact us if you have any additional question at usa@digiprint-supplies.com. We offer pre and post sales technical advice including free, online support from our global team of certified engineers.

The DIGIPRINT SUPPLIES Team

player

Hi Player,

We understand your concern but we have been in the market for more than 10 years with more than 100,000 customers worldwide. All of our products carry a comprehensive product warranty and we offer a one year warranty with every printhead.

Feel free to contact us if you have any additional question at usa@digiprint-supplies.com. We offer pre and post sales technical advice including free, online support from our global team of certified engineers.

IS it true you will only honor warranty on Roland parts if a certified Roland tech installs the parts? If the printer owner installs them you will not warranty them?

Thanks

stephane

Merchant Member
IS it true you will only honor warranty on Roland parts if a certified Roland tech installs the parts? If the printer owner installs them you will not warranty them?

Thanks

Of course this is not true. We have been empowering the end users for the last 12 years by enabling them to find the parts they need online. You can see on Youtube how many videos we published to help install the parts without certified engineers help. We honor warranty no matter who installed the parts.

Best regards,

signrios

Just an update
This guys are very cumunicative. They are working fast to get the issue solved.
Seems like they are backing up their product.

Status
Not open for further replies.