Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Art Solutions?

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by TXFB.INS, Jun 27, 2012.

1. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Howdy,

as with most shops the design stage is the bottle neck of the process and we are looking at ways to speed it.

The designer has been in contact with Digital Art Solutions and has been impressed with what they are showing.

Has anyone used this company and or do you know of a like company that you prefer?
    http://www.digitalartsolutions.com/

Thanks,

Tags:
  2. trimguy

trimguy Member

May 24, 2008
    Hawaii
    We use a lot of their stuff for grabbing elements here and there. Their display books are helpful to clients to look through to get an idea of what look they may be after.

3. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    DAS has some really good quality production friendly clipart. Tad on the expensive side, but it's good stuff.

When clients want quality, but want it quick and a concerned with budget, I'll use their stuff and digitize for embroidery. They typically have 3 versions of the clip art ranging from simple to detailed (for them) and even the detailed ones I'm usually able to get into a 100mm x 100mm design field.

4. Brad Knight

Brad Knight Member

Jun 7, 2012
    I looked at their stuff in Indy last week and ordered their design studio - it looks really straight forward, tons of features, templates and clip art included as well as a bunch of overlays - instructional videos AND - best of all, I have a single phone number to call a single person for any questions I might have.

5. scuba_steve2699

scuba_steve2699 Member

Dec 11, 2006
    you might want to check out Action Illustrated as well. I think it is just as good and better pricing on most of it.

6. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    Suggest you also look at going to either ISS shows or NBM shows. you can see the programs in person and usually get better deals

7. WildWestDesigns

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    I do the Embroidery Mart show here in Nashville and DAS does usually run deals there and I think they are running one right now for the clip art collections. I think it's jut a BOGO type of deal though.

8. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Any idea if ACTION ILLUSTRATED and DIGITAL ART SOLUTIONS are the same company, different divisions?

9. WildWestDesigns

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    It's possible, both Fax numbers even have 480 area codes. They both are selling to the same specific market (apparel decorators it looks like).

Prices are roughly similar.

10. scuba_steve2699

scuba_steve2699 Member

Dec 11, 2006
    They are different companies. From what I understand, action illustrated was formed from a previous employee of DAS that had some disagreements with them.

11. Brad Knight

Brad Knight Member

Jun 7, 2012
    True - we got ours at the NBM show prices and it's considerably cheaper.

12. CS-SignSupply-TT

May 31, 2011
    ACTION ILLUSTRATED and DIGITAL ART SOLUTIONS

I guess it can be said, "...DISAGREEMENT is the Mother of Invention..." :peace!:

13. WildWestDesigns

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Yep, that it can. I know of one other disagreement that led up to a formation of a competing company.

14. CS-SignSupply-TT

May 31, 2011
    Disagreements?!?!

You wouldn't be referring to MICROSOFT and APPLE?