• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

digital cameras

what camera company do you like the most and would recommend to someone looking for a

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slappy

I'm in the market to buy a new camera. I want something that takes excellent or quality photos and under 1 second and in the price range of $100 to $350 max. (looking at the o.oo4 - 0.001 to capture Ayden's smile, mine takes to long and by the time it takes it, his head has turned away and it's blurry) plus, a pixel is broke on mine so i have a tiny green dot in every picture

also, i'm looking for something that won't drain the batteries or even better, recharable

LittleSnakey

cannon sd750,
great camera, easy to use, full of features best of all

Battery actually lasts for more than 2 pictures!!!!!!

priced at around $199

slappy

i should have mentioned that... i'm looking for something that won't drain the batteries or even better, recharable

GK

I am a pretty big Canon fan. If you aren't looking to buy a DSLR and want a reliable point and shoot cam then their PowerShot series is excellent. The PowerShot SD870IS is the one I keep in my vehicle to snap pics of jobsites and such and I love it. Very fast shutter as well as a nice array of manual settings to adjust ISO, lighting, colors, exposure, resolution, flash settings, etc. Ranges from $299-$379 all depending where you buy it from. Hope that helps.

GK

i should have mentioned that... i'm looking for something that won't drain the batteries or even better, recharable

Shoulda mentioned that, it has a rechargeable Li-ion battery that lasts for tons of shots, the camera also has a sleep feature so it shuts the screen off when not used for more than x amount of time, and they also make a car charger kit for this camera and a few other powershot models so you can charge it on the road if you forgot to at home ($20ish)

FatCat

Canon fan here too...

Canon S3 and S5 are fantastic cameras with 12x zoom and image stabilization if you take long distance shots. They are a little larger somewhere inbetween a point and shoot and a DSLR. S3 is around $250-ish on sale and I've seen the S5 as low as $300 from Dell.

GP

Canon Power shot series. I have the SD450 and it is more camera than I will ever need in a point and shoot capacity. Very sleek, but has a very large, bright screen.

If you are a photography/camera geek, as I am...the only drawback to date is its lack of bulb function. Odds are, you will NEVER, EVER need it.

theskipman_98

I feel bad, still using a Sony FD Mavica , the one with the floppy drive slot in the side and a merory stick in the back. Was like $250 5 yrs ago? Bought GF a cheap Polaroid for Xmas, but is eats batteries like no tomorrow.

Now the shop's camera is a 7MP cyber shot by Sony, is a very good all around camera

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
for personal use, i have a kodak easy share with the printer dock...the wonderful thing about it is that when you dock the camera on the printer, it charges it....takes wonderful pix and prints them just as nicely...

Ruddbow

S700

I always over did it with to many options. 2 weeks ago I bought a Nikon s700 and that thing is awesome. Simple point and shoot, 12mp and is in your price range. I have had great luck with the Nikons. Has a lot of great options too. The last camera I had was a Panasonic Lumix, 12x zoom....again way to advanced for my photography skills. Zoom was great but 99% of the images the 3x would have been more than adequate.

Last edited:

weaselboogie

Buy a camera from a CAMERA company. Nikon, olympus, canon. And go with the biggest lens. They know what they're doing and have been for decades.
I have a old 2.1 megapixel olympus camera that takes better looking pictures than my wifes 5mp canon. Bigger, better lens. Don't confuse megapixel with image quality. Crappy lens with high megapixel just means you have more crap. Of course neither one would work for anything larger for a wideformat.

hydo1

I'll second the Canon SD750 IS. It's an older model but can still be found some places. Battery lasts forever. On a recent trip I took over 200 pictures and 4 one minute long video clips and still didn't have to recharge. Startup is quick and picture quality is fantastic.

animenick65

Nikon, period. I use both high and low end cameras from both companies on a daily basis, nothing beats the optical quality from Nikon. Canon has fancy noise reduction that causes pictures to look "plastic". Nikon cameras take pictcures, pictures that look real, plain and simple. DSLR with decent glass will give you your best quality. I recommend going over to www.dpreview.com and checking out the forums and reviews.

amw

Longtime Members
We use a Nikon D40X but it is not in that price range (yet at least)...very eay to use though and takes great pictures.
Got it out the door for $575 with 2 lenses.

THATgirl

I used to be only a canon fan too, but the last one I had, only lasted a few months. I have the same camera as fenris and love it. Easy to use, rechargeable battery and under 100.$