• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital Print Contour cut/die cut magnets

particleman

Anyone doing this? What equipment are you using? We are thinking a setup to do possibly up to 250-1000 range of shaped magnets. I know die cutting is an option but I'm not having much luck finding the equipment. No we're not looking to farm this out. We have an edge, but that is very limited and expensive to produce, not to mention full color is not that great.

Thanks!

Erikka@Rainier

We just got an order for 1,200 direct print magnets. We will print them on our flatbed, laminate them and then cut them out on our Zund. We have never done them like this before and I have no idea how much we are getting for them either, sales guy does all that. If your equipment can't handle a job like that, or if you only do them ever so often, it might be better to sub it out.

I've cut some on my graphtec. I only run like 24" at a time, but transfer tape the back up so it doesn't stick then set the pressure high enough to cut the top layer. It works for maybe 5 or 6 custom shaped magnets, but doing a lot..not worth the hassle on it.

Mosh

Cutting alot of magnetic material is HARD on any cutter. We only offer straight cut and cut them on our media cutter. Even printing them is hard on stuff, we print vinyl and apply to magnet and then cut it

royster13

You are not wanting to farm them out because why????? Magnet suppliers like TradeNet have 100s if not 1,000s of dies on hand and produce 100s of thousands of magnets per shift.....They can often sell them for less than your cost of materials alone....

sjm

We just got an order for 1,200 direct print magnets. We will print them on our flatbed, laminate them and then cut them out on our Zund. We have never done them like this before and I have no idea how much we are getting for them either, sales guy does all that. If your equipment can't handle a job like that, or if you only do them ever so often, it might be better to sub it out.

I would be interested to know how that worked out for you. I have always been cautious of running magnetic material through electronic equipment.

I did that a few years ago on my inkjet printer and it cost us big bucks.

Case

I would be interested to know how that worked out for you. I have always been cautious of running magnetic material through electronic equipment.

I did that a few years ago on my inkjet printer and it cost us big bucks.

The precautions are not near as vast on a flatbed compared to a pinchwheel driven non flatbad...........

He can do this job on his flatbed without worry....

and with a ZUND??? it is great for cutting magnet..........

case

particleman

You are not wanting to farm them out because why????? Magnet suppliers like TradeNet have 100s if not 1,000s of dies on hand and produce 100s of thousands of magnets per shift.....They can often sell them for less than your cost of materials alone....

If we can't do it in house we don't do it. I'm aware the option to sub stuff out, but that isn't what this thread is about!

We're heading down to the ISA show in a few weeks, the ZUND appears to be a nice machine. We'll be checking them out for sure. If Case speaks highly of it it must be good ;)

sjm

The precautions are not near as vast on a flatbed compared to a pinchwheel driven non flatbad...........

He can do this job on his flatbed without worry....

and with a ZUND??? it is great for cutting magnet..........

case

Overspray will not be an issue? I think the ink is charged even on a flatbed? Though if you have proof I will try running magnetic material through my flatbed.

I would never for example put a magnet near my monitor.