• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digitally printed t-shirt transfers...and a supplier for them.

Pat Whatley

Just running with a hair-brained idea but I'm wondering how well digitally printed heat-set t-shirt tranfers hold up to washing. Realistically they will NEVER be turned inside out for washing, I'm too lazy to remember to do that.

Anyone here print these or know where to get them?

I'm not interested in DTG printing.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We print them a lot. They realistically hold up just about as well as a screen printed shirt does. I sure dont turn them inside out to wash....

showcase 66

I think it all depends on the material its printed on. I have had some made for a mechanic who is always dirty and greasy and his have lasted well past what I was expecting. I have had others made by another place that were ruined in about a month.

Also depends on the shirt. Some of the transfers I have gotten specifically state what materials the shirts can be. Had that happen with name plates for a pop warner league a couple years ago. They ordered different uniforms and the transfers peeled in the wash.

They were not printed though, just something to keep in mind also.

WildWestDesigns

Just running with a hair-brained idea but I'm wondering how well digitally printed heat-set t-shirt tranfers hold up to washing. Realistically they will NEVER be turned inside out for washing, I'm too lazy to remember to do that.

Anyone here print these or know where to get them?

I'm not interested in DTG printing.

That's actually a recommendation for shirts even before they are decorated.

The best heat transfer to hold up to washing has been sublimation. Unfortunately, a lot of people can't get past the 100% poly and light colors, but as far as wash durability they are the best.

Showcase 66 is right though, it does depend on how well that polymer is that they are printed on.

Mike_Koval

heat transfer hold up very well through many washings. Solvent/Eco-Solvent and Sublimation prints will last the longest for sure. There are a number of different places to get them printed such as Transfer Express and probably alot of folks here.

If you are interested in doing them your self we carry a number of different solvent printable materials for heat application.

CanuckSigns

I have some work shirts I printed about 3 years ago on heat transfer, the shirt is starting to look a bit ratty, but the print looks fine. I don't turn mine inside out to wash or dry either.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Transfer express will digitally print on their vinyls, you can print on their vinyls and contour cut, or we use Process Screen Transfers for our full color print in multitudes 8 and higher since they look just and good and are superior to other transfers in both durability and colorfastness since its plastisol inks.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
4Over digitally prints their shirts...not sure if their prices are good or of the quality. They come out to around $10 per shirt for a 0:4 or 4:0 print or $13 for a 4:4 print in a 8½" x 11" area.

CanuckSigns

Uh...no. Screen printing is the sun, all else is a lamp. JM2C

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one, Like I said, I've got shirts we printed 2-3 years ago that are holding up just fine, I've had screen printed shirts crack and fall apart after a year.

WildWestDesigns

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one, Like I said, I've got shirts we printed 2-3 years ago that are holding up just fine, I've had screen printed shirts crack and fall apart after a year.

When you are talking about decoration that goes on top of a garment, so much depends on the application process as well. DTG garments have cracked and failed early due to pre and post application treatment. Heat transfers have failed due to polymer used (and consistency of said polymer), so I wouldn't be surprised if there is some variance between the two and different experiences. Same thing with cut vinyl and rhinestones/studs as well. Embroidery as well, but those are different variables.

max

sorry for this basic question. But when you guys say digitally printed heat transfer, i am assuming you dont mean printed/contour cut vinyl. You mean print on a transfer sheet and then lay on top of garment and heat press down, then remove transfer sheet. Am i understanding this correctly?
thanks for your input

Christian @ 2CT Media

Siser makes great transfer vinyls and so does Stahls/Imprintables. Vivid Print from Imprintables works great in our latex, So does ColorPrint II from Siser.

D&Tgraphics

As far as the op's opening question, I'm sure there are many people here that can print them for you.
Now onto the comments that it will be as good as screen printing and that screen printed shirts will crack and fall off after a year, well you need to find a better screen printer. If done properly, the print will outlast the shirt. Period. Transfers and screened shirts are not even in the same ballpark or league or even the same planet for that matter. :) just my .02.

ironchef

I agree with you d D&T... makes sense.. but in my mind if i use ss21 inks. Wont the solvent based inks last longer?

D&Tgraphics

I can see your point and I honestly don't have a fact based answer for you. All I know is that a transfer, in all my garment printing experience, is not as superior. The screened inks hold up way better if printed properly and mainly, CURED properly. That's where most people go wrong.