• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Digitally Printed Wrap Vinyl MPI 1105 EZ RS incorrectly laminated with DOL 2060, can it be applied?

TMundo

Today some Avery digitally printed wrap vinyl (MPI 1105 EZ RS) was incorrectly laminated with Avery DOL 2060 Glossy Perm KR. Does anyone have any experience installing a wrap on a sprinter van with an inset panel with wrap vinyl that has a non wrap lamination? Will it conform? Will It adhere and stay? Or will the intermediate laminant shrink and pull the wrap vinyl off the vehicle?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'd be reprinting that.... That calendared lam will shrink and the wrap will fail.

I can't speak to the wrap itself but the materials will most likely fail. Different rates of expansion and contraction between the two layers. The vinyl will want to conform and stick but the lamination is going to be pulling back and not wanting to stay wrapped on the more complex areas. Either the lam comes of the vinyl or the vinyl comes off the vehicle. Either one is bad.

Active Sign

Sign Guy
Reprint. The calendared lam will shrink and tent. No matter how much you heat its gonna pull back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk