• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dimensional craftsmen in the Southeast:

bleeth

I'm hoping posting this here is not the wrong place. If so, admin is welcome to move it.
Some of you may have seen my event announcement here: http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102621

We have actually gotten a pretty good number of reservations for interested folks who want to learn more, but I am lacking in the talented profesasional signmakers who would like to share some of their knowledge on Friday. So if you have been thinking about this, or haven't seen it, please check it out and if you can make the time to come and share some of your knowledge it would be well appreciated by all. I can tell you that it has been my experience that at times people come who are into one craft, and after networking with someone from another, end up writing some business. So besides doing a good turn, having a fun day, and getting a free lunch, you could get some business. Coastal will be sending some Precision Board for demo and I would be willing to bet that even an experienced pro could pick up some info themselves as well.

Joe Crumley

Dave,

Wish I lived closer and I'd be happy to attend.

Sounds like a hoot.

Joe Crumley

Last edited by a moderator:

bleeth

Well Joe, you know I'd love to see you pull up at my shop! In fact, from what I have been hearing about weather in your neck of the woods lately it might just be a thought for you to enjoy some Ft. Lauderdale sunshine for a few days.
You could even drag that ornery English cuss with you!

Joe Crumley

David,

Congratulations on you and the workshops. We need more of these. I'm convinced there is a burning desire for more education in this area. It seems to me every workshop quickly fills up. No matter where they're held.

I predict, since there are more and more CNC's making their way into signs businesses there will be a for more camps and workshops like yours.

Keep up the good work.

Joe Crumley

bleeth

Thanks Professor! As per usual for South Florida things are coming together at the last minute (only a week and a half to go). One of our local suppliers of sign board materials (Piedmont) is coming to discuss their products and stock supplies, we have a wonderful sign craftsman all the way from New York to present on her techniques (I have seen Kit's work and presentations before-it is Aces: Otsquago Design), Coastal is sending a bunch of Precision Board to carve, and another great sign team that can't make it is sending a start to finish "how to" video for a recently completed project from concept through software design and milling (Nice Carvings). We may get them to teleconference as well. Of course I'll go through the trials and tribulations of the camp sign design, and others are pending.

Craig Sjoquist

Sure wish I lived closer but 400 miles is a bit far on bicycle for me, sounds like ya can learn alot & I'm just now learning carving also.

bleeth

Hey Craig-It's only about 175 each way!! There's always Amtrak.
Since you're a biker I'm also heavily involved in the MS Key Largo Bike Ride in April.
Only 100 miles each way or if that's a bit much there's a metric century too.