• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dimensioning Tool for Illy?

Lauren

Looking for some feedback on dimensioning in Illustrator. I need something compatible with Illustrator CC. We have one license of CadTools and we like it, but we need a couple more licenses and they are $350, which is a lot. We don't need all the CAD capabilities either, just need to dimension, so something simpler would be fine.

I like BPT Pro, but it only goes up to Illy 5. I have a trial of VectorScribe, but I don't like that the dimension labels stay on top of the drawing instead of being able to pull them to the side.

Any suggestions?

phototec

CADTools is the BEST plugin for Illy to make the on-demand dimensions you want to do, I have not found anything else to work as well.

CADTools does offer Multiple license discounts, you just need to contact them, the more licenses, the bigger the discount. For example the discount for the second license is $34.90.

On there web page you can change quantity to see the automatic multiple license discounts.

https://www.hotdoor.com/cadtools/overview

:smile:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I thought you can install it on up to 2 devices.
I'm running it on 2 machines right now with
no issues.

phototec

I thought you can install it on up to 2 devices.
I'm running it on 2 machines right now with
no issues.

I just copied this off their webpage:

Licenses are no longer platform-specific, but are still limited to one license per user. Multiple license discounts will appear as the quantity changes in the shopping cart. Email us for quotes and education discounts.

https://www.hotdoor.com/cadtools

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I use CorelDraw as a dimensioning tool for Illustrator
ducking and running for the exit....

wayne k
guam usa