• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dip Switch Settings Vs 540

I am looking for someone with a vs 540 to help me with dip switch settings. Recently reset the NVM and now i need the parameters in service mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you reset the NVRAM the machine is basically back to factory defaults. I'm not 100% on Rolands when it comes to what is stored in the memory but I am assuming when you start the machine is says Roland VS-??? on the screen. To get passed this mode all you have to do is run the limit position initialize. Once that has run, you should be able to print again but you will have to run the head alignments again.

If you reset the NVRAM the machine is basically back to factory defaults. I'm not 100% on Rolands when it comes to what is stored in the memory but I am assuming when you start the machine is says Roland VS-??? on the screen. To get passed this mode all you have to do is run the limit position initialize. Once that has run, you should be able to print again but you will have to run the head alignments again.
That is where i am struggling. I can not get the limit position initialize to work properly. It gives me the message
  • invalid position, out of range.

Settings

Im almost certain its simply a dip switch setting considering all the sensors, motors, encoder strip are fine. The machine was working mechanically when i did the reset. I did the dip 16 bit 4 to a 1 state so that i know. I just don't have a list of all the dip switches to see if there is one i am missing. If anyone has a VS 540 that can help me confirm their settings that would be sweet.

system switch was incorrect

Ok, figured it out.. looks like i was incorrect on dip 16, when we upgraded the scan motor a while back i forgot that we had to switch from dip 16 bit for to bit 5. So bottom line is we had to go back to dip 16 and change 4 to a 0 and then change bit 5 to a 1. Fixed it right up. Thanks for the comments..