• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Direct Color Systems 1324 - any feedback?

CT

I have been looking at a very small direct to substrate printer from Direct Color Systems. The size is suitable for my needs (up to a 13" x 24" substrate). I would like to print directly to acrylic, plastic (ID card size) and ceramic tiles. They printed some samples for me and they look great. The image on the tile can be scatched off pretty easily, but the image is perfect. I have a few questions:

1) Has anybody out there ever used one of their printers? If so, please share your thoughts.

2) Does anyone know of a pre or post treatment that can be done to provide UV as well as physical protection? I don't want the image to scratch off too eaily.

3) Are there similar printers out there that might be a better choice?

Any input would be very helpful.

Thank you!

Rooster

Mimaki has a small format direct to substrate UV printer available.

http://wildcatimaging.com/images/UJF-605C.pdf

Probably a bunch money than what you're looking at, but at least you'll know who to call if you need service.

Search the site for some of Artbot's posts. He has a solution for adding his own clear liquid UV laminate.

digitalwoodshop

The UJF-3042 is the one I have my heart set on.... Or a older bigger table UJF-706.....

Anyone have the winning Lotto numbers for Next Week?

AL

artbot

Inwear recently updated their small format uv printer (uv-120x). it looks pretty sharp. also i really like the people at inwear. you can skype the engineers directly and get answers.

Attachments

• inwear 120uvx.JPG
    inwear 120uvx.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 199

Ditchmiester

Inwear

I tried looking for that printer online do you have a link to their website were I could find it artbot?

Thanks,

Ditch

J Hill Designs

Inwear recently updated their small format uv printer (uv-120x). it looks pretty sharp. also i really like the people at inwear. you can skype the engineers directly and get answers.

Does that thing come with a microwave too?!?! (top right portion)

artbot

this model is advertised on alibaba. a lot of the printers are popping up with built in monitors. there is probably a pc in there and the menu is some simple program gui.

WestbankKurt

We have a Direct Color System 1024 uv 4 printer and I operate it. We have addressed scratch off issues and there is liquid adhesion promoters for sale from DCS.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
My experience leads me to say run far and fast in the other direction from any Direct Color Systems printer. They don't deliver on any level. Garbage product, garbage output, garbage company.