Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct Color Systems

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by JBurton, Jun 26, 2020.

1. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    They have some pretty amazing printers. Using the word some, because I guess they don't have enough in the wild to actually have a user base that can post reviews. Anybody have any experience with these machines, or the company? When I emailed them about a printer, asking questions about their braille, they gave me one response, then the following response was automated, concerning their closure starting 7.2.2020.
    My Reece rep doesn't sell them, and obviously doesn't like them. Otherwise that's the only reliable info I've found on them, outside of their own reviews on their website.

Tags:
  2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    I believe Mutoh bought them and has rolled their products into the Mutoh series.

The coolest part of their tech was their skin safe direct to garment with no pretreating and white.

3. Ardor Creative

Ardor Creative New Member

Dec 17, 2019
    Worcester, MA
    Going in to the new year I was in talks with them about the ADA Braille machine, and took a trip over to their space. I've used one when they first came out and they seem to run much better now than they were first released. One thing about the machines I've learned in they should be run almost daily for best results, especially with white. Also the consumable parts do need to be replace as scheduled.

4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    This is mostly what I was afraid of. I already have too many machines to run them all daily, and seeing as how they are totally unwilling to help me acquire a used machine, I think I'll look at a different brand.