• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Direct to fabric print using a Vutek GS2000

Kaiser

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone could help me with this.
I have a client that wants a print made on a curtain. I was wondering if you could suggest what fabric I could use for a direct print using a Vutek GS2000. I dont really want to outsource this to sublimation.
Are there any polyesters at 200gr or higher that I could use without worrying about the inks seeping down onto my belt and clogging up my vacuum let alone bleed to the other side of the fabric?

Dark Fox

material and location

Well there are materials, we do it all the time. The question is, are you willing to buy a whole roll in order to do this one job? Or will this be ongoing?
Where are you located? Another option, instead of outsourcing to dye sub (which we also do by the way), you could outsource to us. We print roller shades, curtains, and fabrics every day.
Send me a message if interested. If not, make sure that the material that you use can take heat, if you plan to use your Vutek. You don't want to start a fire in your machine.

P.S. In order for me to answer your material question, you have to let me know what type of material you are looking for. Light filtering? Patterned? Blockout? Mesh? Cloth?

Kaiser

Well there are materials, we do it all the time. The question is, are you willing to buy a whole roll in order to do this one job? Or will this be ongoing?
Where are you located? Another option, instead of outsourcing to dye sub (which we also do by the way), you could outsource to us. We print roller shades, curtains, and fabrics every day.
Send me a message if interested. If not, make sure that the material that you use can take heat, if you plan to use your Vutek. You don't want to start a fire in your machine.

P.S. In order for me to answer your material question, you have to let me know what type of material you are looking for. Light filtering? Patterned? Blockout? Mesh? Cloth?

This will most likely be ongoing as the client does work in retail and he is looking to expand his collection.
What we need is something similar to a white 200g polyester that is used in sublimation. I dont think heat will be an issue as our Vutek has LED curing. Our only concern is if the inks will seep through. We only want one side printed and we dont want to have to dismantle the belt every 2 months to clean. We're in Europe btw...

If you could point me in the right direction that would be great. I just need a few samples to test to see exactly what I will be ordering, and when I do it will be in bulk quantities.