• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Dirty Captops

tim99

Hello everyone, Im looking for ideas on what would cause the captop area to begin looking like the photo. this machine gets cleaned manually every Monday. the area around the captops used to be just slightly dirty with a mist of ink on occasion but it seems to have gotten alot worse the last 2 week. the print heads themselves are no where near this dirty.

Roland Truevis vg-540 2x CMYK

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20170424_135922.jpg
    20170424_135922.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 259

WB

Are you talking about the ink waves on the sides?? That is static from my experience. Fine ink particals getting moved around by staic.

papabud

Lone Wolf
also double check to make sure your machine is docking correctly. the ink caps could be getting worn leaving little gaps in them allowing extra ink to escape.
check the sensors make sure they are clean and not out of alignment.

tim99

sorry about that, yes im referring to the ink waves around the captops.ill check on how they seat here shortly

Thanks

Hey tim99,

Papabud and Petepaz are right, the problem could be caused by static and/or failing cap tops. You need to replace the caps and control static better. Call your dealer for cap top service and, for static, check out our published guide here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/D...es/Static Suppression for Roland Printers.pdf. (Don't forget to check other causes, such as humidity around the printer, not just the room temp)

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn