• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

disable layers?

Marlene

is there a way to disable layers in Omega? it is a real pain to have it always on as I don't work much in the filled mode, mostly wireframe so I'll go to print and ta da, part is missing because it is on another layer. I did a search in help and didn't find what I was looking for or totally missed it. I'd like to hav layer be an option that I click onto if needed rather than have it just do it on its own.

signage

Marlene are you importing the objects into Omega?

If so on the import dialog box uncheck the layers button/box!

Marlene

no, just setting up jobs in Composer. today I opened an old job that I did a while back for some repeat decals, changed some of the copy and when I went to group parts of it, I got a message that I'd lose my smart edit as some weren't on the same layer. sure enough, I had layers and had to merge them. I run into issues when overlaying copy on a photo. the photo will be on one layer and the copy on another. it is a nice feature, but one I never really use and would love to shut it down and use when I want to if I need it.

Dana Goodale

Go to Composer FILE>Import
Click on an image file
In the bottom right corner of the dialog box, turn off Keep layers, and click ON Flatten Layers to Current Layer.
Click Preferences.
All Set! Layers begone!

Dana Goodale

To be clear, this will make it so future jobs will not have layers. Any existing jobs that have layers will still need to be flattened.