• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discoloration in Paint / Clear Coat After Removal

ngates

Please see pictures attached. After removing the hood of the wrap, I saw that the wrap had caused a discoloration on the vehicle. I am not sure if it is in the paint or clear coat. What I have noticed is that the discoloration on the vehicle are in areas that are white, which would have no ink.

I am assuming that someone else has seen this before. If you could help me by telling me what caused this, how to prevent in the future, and maybe how to repair this customers vehicle I would greatly appreciate it.

T

Attachments

• Sport Clips.jpg
    Sport Clips.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 117

ngates

Yes it was. This was wrapped by our company prior to me working here. It was installed approximately 2 years ago. What I do know is the vehicle was parked out side and never washed or waxed. I know this contributed to the problem, but only after two years?
We used a wrap material with the correct lam, from a company that I would rather not name. I will say that it is not 3M or Avery.

We actually had two other vehicles, not from this same customer, do the exact same thing.