• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do I Want to Get Into Lamacoid Manufacturing?

Speedsterbeast

A dozen tines a year I get a call about lamacoids. Some of the inquiries are from close clients that have large orders that they offer me.
Wondering if should:
1) Find a Canadian Supplier that can give wholesale pricing.- Suggestions are welcomed.
2) Invest in a machine and learn something new.I really do not know what kind of labor, mess, material stocking etc. these require.

Any advice is appreciated

rjssigns

For the few times a year I get the request I job them out. I am intrigued by laser rigs though. BIL's brother(?) has a shop in the deep northwoods. IIRC they had 3 Epilog lasers running just to keep up so they added a fourth and are still behind.

rjssigns

Scraped this off a website:
[h=2]This is a trade name used in the construction industry for rigid phenolic engraving material (which is no longer manufactured), however the term is still used when specifying 2 or 3-ply, laminated engraving stock and/or the nameplates, tags, or legend plates produced from the stock. When engraved this material is ideal for longterm identification of buttons, switches and panels.[/h]

Speedsterbeast

Scraped this off a website:
This is a trade name used in the construction industry for rigid phenolic engraving material (which is no longer manufactured), however the term is still used when specifying 2 or 3-ply, laminated engraving stock and/or the nameplates, tags, or legend plates produced from the stock. When engraved this material is ideal for longterm identification of buttons, switches and panels.

Still used extensively in commercial and industrial electrical panel labeling.

V-ENGRAVE

Still used extensively in commercial and industrial electrical panel labeling.

That is the name electrical contractor refer to but 99% of the time they are looking for 2 ply flexible laminates such as Rowmark, IPI, Gravograph, Duets by Gemini and few others.
Cost of manufacturing phenolic labels/tags is to costly for the intended purpose.

I supply few electrical distributors it Toronto area and always supply flex ply.