• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you add your Logo...

When doing a project do you often add your info somewhere for self advertising?

• Total voters

cOrKinSA

When doing a Banner, Window print, Flier, etc... do you add your Company Logo or Business information somewhere on the bottom?

I ask this because most webpage designers often place it on their pages but up until now and I have never added my info on any of my jobs.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing this?

mamos

Yes

We add it to vehicles mainly to piss off our competition when they are stuck behind them in traffic.

We also add our web address to garments

mamos

rdm01

All banners get a sticker on the back with name and number, same with hole
sponsorship signs and political signs, or anything that is cheap and high or
high quantity. Some other signs may get a small one, but most of the one off
custom stuff don't get one. It just seems to cheesy to charge someone
thousands for a real nice custom sign and then slap an advertisement on it.

GregT

We add our name to any coroplast sign, or banner that we do. Job site signs are a favorite, I got a call yesterday, from a new business owner, and he called me because he saw that we did them last time for the old owners. I don't on vehicles or signs that go up on walls.

cOrKinSA

...It just seems to cheesy to charge someone
thousands for a real nice custom sign and then slap an advertisement on it.
...I don't on vehicles or signs that go up on walls.

That's what I was thinking but if someone came across a very nice layout you created and they didn't really want to bother the client on where they received it, wouldn't it be benificial on your end?

Lunatic Taskbar

I think with me its either

A) if I remember,
B) if I ask the client they usualy want a discount. So I stopped asking them. lol
C) If I do remember its a small sticker on the back, or if its a window Graphic its in one of the top corners.

Billct2

They're called a "bug".
Sometimes...we do.... mostly not...
and usually on electric boxes and larger nicer jobs.
Should do it more often.
You can usually pick a discreet spot and make it compliment the sign ie on a carved gilded sign a little black and gold logo on the side of one of the posts looks fine.

rdm01

That's what I was thinking but if someone came across a very nice layout you created and they didn't really want to bother the client on where they received it, wouldn't it be benificial on your end?

It would be, but I think that if your logo is big enough for someone to see it
would detract from the design and perhaps even leave a bad taste in
someones mouth. If I saw a big logo on say a nice HDU sign I would think 'so if
I buy from them I get to have their logo stuck to the face of my sign'. I would
rather be subtle in that case and let word of mouth do the advertising.

ChicagoGraphics

I put it on almost everything and I put it on the front NOT the back. When I donate signage to certain companies I put DONATED BY (logo)

There are only a couple of people that either tell me not to put it on or if they get a discount. I don't give discounts for that. If you print them on instead of sticking them on theres noway they can remove them.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Never. It's their space, not mine.

I feel the same way about auto dealers that slap their names on vehicles they sell. If they want me to buy the thing and they've had the temerity to stick their name on it, they get to scrape off. Period. Not arguments, no concessions. Off it comes. It's my vehicle, not theirs.

S

SignTech

I feel the same way about auto dealers that slap their names on vehicles they sell. If they want me to buy the thing and they've had the temerity to stick their name on it, they get to scrape off. Period. Not arguments, no concessions. Off it comes. It's my vehicle, not theirs.

LOL ... I used to tell the car salesman at the end of the transaction....

"don't forget to deduct $3000,00 also" They would say, "for what" and I would say ... for the next 3-5 years I advertise your company for putting decals on my car and license plate holders with your company name on them.

I always asked them to never put their decal crap on my cars.

Jillbeans

If it's a sign which I painted I will write "Jill" and the date somewhere inconspicuous.
If I like it.
I do have big decals on the backs of signs I did for a local ballfield.
It all depends on the situation, so I can't vote.
Love....Jill

Pat Whatley

You pull all the manufacturer emblems off too? How about all the manufaturer labels on everything else you buy? Spend a lot of time grinding "Stanley" off that hammer you bought?

We're a manufacturer...why should we be any different?

(that said I forget to put labels on 95% of what we do)

cOrKinSA

See that's how I feel sometimes but then I also see it as a design that involved time to create and somewhat resembles an artistic talent so like art it should have a little bit of info to who designed it.
I dislike auto dealers names on the back of vehicles as well but dealers just purchase from factories and then resell to consumers with no creative processes involved (unless you call haggling an art), so I see this comparison carrying very little similarity when it comes to us advertising.

P

ProWraps™

i always want to put a bug on the back of our wraps. but then i forget, and im torn between shameless advertising, and the clients right to pay me to not shamelessly advertise my product.