• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you guys laminate car window decals?

dirttoo

I just bought a new Minaki CJV30. I am still learning alot as I go. I have a job for 50 window decals for the school. They are 4½" tall x 4¾" wide. The material I have is Orajet 3651G. Do these need to be laminated? If so, What laminate shoud I buy? I don't have any laminate yet. What would you charge for these? thanks, Marty

TheSnowman

I do not use laminate and I do not use permanent adhesive. I print them on 3621 as fast as I can. I tell them they're just temporary and I see them out 3 years later good as they day they walked out of here.

J

john1

210 with 3165ra so they are easy to install for customers.

I laminate everything, Looks nicer and lasts longer.

wildside

stick with 3651 and lam them with 210

we tried the 3165ra with the same theory of easier for them, but what we found is people don't really squeegee them down hard enough and the ra never really grabs and curls in a few months, switched back to 3651 and no issues with customer installed except the usual person that didn't know your supposed to clean the window first...:rolleyes:

J

john1

stick with 3651 and lam them with 210

we tried the 3165ra with the same theory of easier for them, but what we found is people don't really squeegee them down hard enough and the ra never really grabs and curls in a few months, switched back to 3651 and no issues with customer installed except the usual person that didn't know your supposed to clean the window first...:rolleyes:

No problems with the RA here, You can apply them with your hand as most customers do with ease.

3651 gets too gooey and seals the contour cuts back together i found.

Laminating decals also takes some of the grain out of the prints you have in some colors as well as makes text crisper (small text especially). It guards against abrasions that can scratch the actual print too.

dirttoo

Thanks guys, What about pricing on laminated or not laminated? My vinyl is Orajet 3651G. What does the "G" mean? I can buy different material but this is a very small job.

kstompaint

210 with 3165ra so they are easy to install for customers.

I laminate everything, Looks nicer and lasts longer.
This is how we usually do it as well. If you don't laminate or pre-mask the customer WILL ruin the decal while applying and laminate ain't much more than premask.

J

john1

Thanks guys, What about pricing on laminated or not laminated? My vinyl is Orajet 3651G. What does the "G" mean? I can buy different material but this is a very small job.

Honestly man, I did a comparison the other day on a quote and on like 100 decals it was $8 difference or something like that vs laminated or not. Just laminate them. It's typical protocol.

G means gloss and If you get the 3165RA, The RA means rapid air which lets you install the vinyl bubble free. It's all i stock now.

For sports team window decals, You should have no problem getting $5-10 each depending on what needs done. $5 closer if it's just the design, $10 closer if it's with a team player number and or name. I was giving discounted pricing for a quantity one time and they came back wanting only a quarter of the quoted amount. So now i stick with $5 or $10 depending on what's involved. It's a pain in the neck.