• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you ship FedEx or UPS?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If you ship, what is your preferred company for shipping?

My local UPS messed up a lot a few years ago but they were cheaper. I've been using FedEx since then but I feel they cost more. Wondering if the UPS problems were limited to our local UPS.

JasonMeisnerSTS

It is tough to compare the two. We ship hundred of packages daily and use both. Each has pros and cons to which "lanes" are cheaper and different things like that but it really depends where you ship to or from and what you prefer. Some may prefer the other over personal experiences but I know for us as a company, we need them both since we ship all over the world and we primarily use UPS domestically and FedEx internationally especially since they bought/merged with TNT however we use our customers accounts as well and there is a healthy mix between who has UPS and FedEx. DHL is also good for international shipments and USPS has a place although lose a package or have something damaged and good luck. Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
FedEx seems to be more reliable by a hair but they cost more for residential deliveries overall. For commercial deliveries they both seem to be priced almost exactly the same. When you do have an issue though UPS handles it better hands down. FedEx makes it difficult and you have to do everything exactly right to get any sort of refund. UPS just follows their clearly stated policies which is nice. USPS has also worked great for us. If you live in an urban area you can ship something Priority mail on Friday and have it by Monday. Plus Saturday delivery from UPS and FedEx is $$$ whereas USPS is a standard service. USPS does make more mistakes though.

WildWestDesigns

I'll actually either do UPS or USPS. Never really had a problem with either one, but then again, what I'm shipping is a little harder to damage then other things, very few things are really rigid that I ship.

SFS Production

Production Manager
If you ship, what is your preferred company for shipping?

My local UPS messed up a lot a few years ago but they were cheaper. I've been using FedEx since then but I feel they cost more. Wondering if the UPS problems were limited to our local UPS.
I agree with the others, hard decision. We went to XPS Shipping where you can see what UPS, FedEX and USPS rates are all in one spot. Yes FedEx is more but more reliable in our area.