• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you think I'm asking too much?

John Butto

You should take better pics of it and do not start the bid at $350 in bold, you just list it and have a starting bid where no one knows until they start the bidding. Also, give it more of a "used car" pitch instead of the "need money" you put on there. Everyone needs money.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Personally, yeah. Its only a Celeron, only a 320gb hard drive, no OS included. As an example you can get on Dell outlet right now an Inspiron 660s with Pentium dual core G645 3mb cache 2.9ghz processor, 4GB DDR3 ram, 500GB 7200rpm 16mb cache hard drive, 16x DVD-RW drive, also has built in wireless b/g/n, and comes with with Windows 8 x64. For $289.00...

You also need to list much more detailed specs. A 2.4ghz Celeron could be several variations, hard drive specs - is that 320gb a slow 5400 rpm drive with little to no cache and only SATA 1 speeds or is it a fast 7200 rpm drive with a much faster SATA II capabilities, what speed RAM is it, what exact model motherboard? Need to know that so one can determine exactly what coudl be upgraded. What size power supply? etc, etc...

Fanaticus

Nobody wants to pay for shipping either. Take the cost of shipping and roll it into the item cost. Ebay buyers LOVE "Free" shipping and think the usps and ups actually offer a shipping service that is free. Ebay says paying for shipping leaves a bad taste in buyers mouths and instead the seller should swallow the load.

Don't forget the 16% that ebay and paypal will take if it sells.

Matt-Tastic

I'm thinking you overpaid for the parts, and will get a less than stellar ROI. Considering (with the specs mentioned) you can build a very meat and potatoes version of what you said for under 250 bucks, assuming your 320GB drive is not an SSD.

I wish you well, but yes. you are asking too much for it. Some more detail on the parts, a better pitch and free shipping will help, as well as putting a reserve on it rather than a starting bid. All of those will reduce your take on the thing, but it will get more bids.

People buy from ebay things they can't get anywhere else, and things that are a steal. yours, unfortunately, is neither.

Mosh

take it to the pawn shop, I bet they would give you $50 for it if you need cash...

OldPaint

CELERON PROCESSOR kills it...... that is backward tech when you got AMD having 8 core and pentiums P7'S.
a quad core AMD 3.2 GIG is so much faster. depending on MB and if its ddr 2 or 3 ram.....makes a big speed diff.
320 gig hard drive is small in todays standards.
you need ot just plug it in and use it i doubt seriously you will get $300-350 for it.

visual800

I love ebay! Withat said start the auction at $1 with free shipping. No one likes you to tell them what they are gonna pay for something. I dont see your item as being worth much so take your loss and move on. Better pics would improve also