• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you think the virus or the vaccine caused this?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thoughts?

GM2021.jpg
gm-logo-rebrand-electric-vehicles-design_dezeen_2364_col_0-1.gif

GM2021.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Some of the reactions from the staff at Road & Track:

Deputy editor Bob Sorokanich: "This looks like some 'intel inside' bullshit from 2007. I guarantee you, part of the reason why it looks so old is that it took GM like seven years to get every department's approval."

Senior reporter Chris Perkins: "'When I said Photoshop a new logo, I didn’t mean copy Photoshop, Jim' Mary Barra."

Contributor Fred Smith: "Looks like the logo for an app called 'Good Morning' that sends daily positive affirmations and also mines data from your phone to sell to a defense contractor."

Staff writer Brian Silvestro: "This is the type of logo that will get normal people even more confused about whether General Motors and General Electric are the same company or not."

Contributor John Krewson: "I actually like diet spearmint Goodwill’s new logo."

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Chevy is changing their "Like a Rock" marketing campaign to "Pachyderm Power". It has far more green appeal. I'm sure the vasectomy crowd will eat it up.

Bevels, gradients and lower case. What's not to love? I'm sure that fifth-grader won a ribbon for it.

JB

James Burke

Nobody was trash talking your Saturns, it's okay, bro.

Nova, Taurus, Solstice, Mercury, Equinox, Solara, Eclipse, Aerostar, Aries, Polara, Satellite, Vega, Comet, Galaxie, Saturn...ah yes. You just gotta love those "space" themed brands.

Mark my words, people. GM is fixin' to release Uranus. Yep...they're gonna release Uranus, all right.

I can already see the troublesome headlines: "Union workers strike against Uranus", "Uranus suppliers struggle with limited output", "GM (or Government) injects another round of cash into Uranus"...and then, finally "Uranus files for bankruptcy...couldn't make a go of it".

JB

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Nova, Taurus, Solstice, Mercury, Equinox, Solara, Eclipse, Aerostar, Aries, Polara, Satellite, Vega, Comet, Galaxie, Saturn...ah yes. You just gotta love those "space" themed brands.

Mark my words, people. GM is fixin' to release Uranus. Yep...they're gonna release Uranus, all right.

I can already see the troublesome headlines: "Union workers strike against Uranus", "Uranus suppliers struggle with limited output", "GM (or Government) injects another round of cash into Uranus"...and then, finally "Uranus files for bankruptcy...couldn't make a go of it".

JB

I always thought Vasectomy would make a good sports car name...

James Burke

Um....you need to rotate it 90 degrees counter clockwise. It's painfully obvious that a GM exec got this "sudden burst of inspiration" after he accidentally knocked over his bottle of E1 erectile dysfunction medication. It's the new symbol of virility for an aging demographic.

My apologies to those of you who will never be able to un-see this.

JB
gm-logo-rebrand-electric-vehicles-design_dezeen_2364_col_0-1 (1).gif

Last edited:

jimbug72

I like it, but I think it could use a drop shadow. And the beveled edge is waaay too subtle. They shoulda pumped that up so it looked more rounded. Coulda added a few more colors into that gradient to really set it off. Add a diamond plate effect on top of that and they'd really have something worth looking at.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think the kerning is off.

I'm not a GM man in any fashion and we hate lettering them, but what's it matter ?? If you had their money, would you really care what you peons thought ??