• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dodge report / Mcgraw hill worth the $??

karolina

Getting back into the sign biz... used to use the Dodge Report to
get new clients and bid on signage.
It has become very expensive and wondered if the leads are good, is it worth the $???

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
No introduction, kinda hard to say without knowing at least a little bit about you...

First question...
--Do you have a signage contractors license?

Then...
--Was it worth it then?
--What kind of signs?
--Are you talking design, design build or the build/install?

In my opinion, not really worth it unless you are licensed and can handle large projects.
(5-10k design jobs, 50k+ sign jobs)

Mosh

My Dad was a member of the Dodge for his construction company. He got me lots of work off there, mostly parking signs and stuff like that. Most jobs other than that are BIG stuff. He retired 15 years ago so I have not done any off there since then, this was even before it was online.

karolina

Thanks for the reply guys, Yes we are licensed, and I know their are some big contracts, but I just wondered if everyone gets a fair chance to bid etc..
When we used it before it was not online, but it was worth the $....things may have changed.
We plan to build/install.

John L

I used to buy Dodge Reports and CMD back when they mailed you the little slips of paper every day and I was a regular at my local "Blue Room".

We haven't subscribed for many years now and I have always wondered just how much things have changed with the internet version available now. What are they quoting as the current cost now?

For selling commercial signs, we have great success just following up on new building permit issuances from several municipalities. And that info is free in most areas we work in so I guess we are doing what Dodge Reports does ourselves.

karolina

Yes John, we used to get the cards mailed to us. Things have changed..
Internet version maybe a little easier to use, but the going price for several counties is around 7K!!
They are running a special right now for a little over 2,500. I think your way sounds like a better option.