• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone here have experience with type II wall coverings?

SCDesign

We're looking at some jobs that are specced for type II wall coverings - really thick commercial wallpaper. I've looked into different products from Dreamscapes, Korographics, and Vescom, and there are a lot of good options to choose from, but I'm hesitant because I don't know much about their print quality using latex ink (we use an HP Latex 310). I've read about a couple of people having headaches with this type of material, but there isn't a ton of information available like there is for self-adhesive vinyl. Does anyone here have experience printing type II wall coverings with latex printers? What kind of problems have you run into? Thanks for any advice, I appreciate it.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
From what I have heard & read, on the smaller latex printers is the color consistency from panel to panel. We do not experience that with our large latex 1500s.

RDM

We're looking at some jobs that are specced for type II wall coverings - really thick commercial wallpaper. I've looked into different products from Dreamscapes, Korographics, and Vescom, and there are a lot of good options to choose from, but I'm hesitant because I don't know much about their print quality using latex ink (we use an HP Latex 310). I've read about a couple of people having headaches with this type of material, but there isn't a ton of information available like there is for self-adhesive vinyl. Does anyone here have experience printing type II wall coverings with latex printers? What kind of problems have you run into? Thanks for any advice, I appreciate it.
While at my previous employer, we did a large branding project and ran 30ish rolls of Dreamscape off of our HP365 with no issues whatsoever. We then liquid laminated in-house as we decided it was most cost efficient to purchase the liquid laminator vs outsourcing as it was pretty even from a cost perspective.

SCDesign

While at my previous employer, we did a large branding project and ran 30ish rolls of Dreamscape off of our HP365 with no issues whatsoever. We then liquid laminated in-house as we decided it was most cost efficient to purchase the liquid laminator vs outsourcing as it was pretty even from a cost perspective.
Do you remember which Dreamscape product you used? The mil thickness of some of these products really pushes what our Latex 310 is supposed to be able to handle. It seems that the 365 has the same mil thickness limit as our machine, which is 19.7 mil. I know we can push this to some degree, so I'm interested in finding out the mil thickness of the Dreamscape product you used.

RDM

Do you remember which Dreamscape product you used? The mil thickness of some of these products really pushes what our Latex 310 is supposed to be able to handle. It seems that the 365 has the same mil thickness limit as our machine, which is 19.7 mil. I know we can push this to some degree, so I'm interested in finding out the mil thickness of the Dreamscape product you used.
My apologies, we actually used Korographics 'Abaco Beach' product not Dreamscape. I don't know the precise thickness off the top of my head, but it was pretty thick and ran great on the latex machine. We rotated every other panel to alleviate any shading/edge-to-edge color issues from panel to panel and there was very little shift.

SCDesign

My apologies, we actually used Korographics 'Abaco Beach' product not Dreamscape. I don't know the precise thickness off the top of my head, but it was pretty thick and ran great on the latex machine. We rotated every other panel to alleviate any shading/edge-to-edge color issues from panel to panel and there was very little shift.
This is really helpful, thank you! I was looking at Abaco Beach as an option because we like the texture. I think we might just take the leap and try it out.