• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone know the part number for this? (GS6000)

C

ColoPrinthead

I'm trying to find the part number for this piece so that I can order a replacement. The bearing seems to be wearing out and it makes a horrible sound when running in my little linoleum floored room. I have two of these printers and the one that is still under warranty had the same issue so I had a tech come out and this is what was replaced. If anyone has a quick fix for it rather than a replacement, I would love to know. The estimate for having a tech come by and being the worse case scenario is about $1700.Thanks!

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ColoPrinthead

Thanks for the tip. I will see if I can permission to take it apart and have it down for a few days. My boss doesn't do or know anything mechanical so it may be a challenge.

I'll post a link to the part supplier for these printers tomorrow when I'm at work and have the info.

jhanson

BTW, most parts on the GS6000 are identical to Mutoh parts, which may wind up costing less. I have changed the individual bearings on those pulleys, but you need to have a good set of tools and be able to remove and install press-fit (metric) bearings...

i had the same problem. I had them come fixit once and of course it started again after warrenty. I found its actually the teeth in the belt and pinon. put a little lube on the belt. no more noise!

sounded like the bearings were going