• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Anyone Use Ms Surface When On The Go / Visiting Clients?

reQ

Thinking of getting a surface pro tablet 3 or 4 for single purpose to use it during my visits with customers. I think it will be handy to make quick notes/proofs etc on spot.

Wondering if anyone is using it or any other product that would run Corel & photoshop.

JJGraphics

I bought a 10" windows tablet at Best Buy (Their store brand) for around $200. No, it doesn't have the silly little pen, and it weighs more and only lasts around 6 hours on a charge, but it runs Windows 10 64 bit and I can install any windows program on it. Touch screen too.

Bly

I have a pro 4 to use when at home on the couch and so I can keep up with work when on holidays.
They are nice little notebooks.
Haven't used it much for Adobe apps but have Photoshop and Illy loaded.
Seems plenty powerful enough.

WildWestDesigns

I have one of the 1st gen Wacom Cintiq tablets, so it runs 8.1 Pro.

It handles CS6 Master Suite and my various digitizing programs. It's quite a bit more, but I also use it as my travel/backup work computer.

Of course, if CrossOver goes from Beta to Stable, it could be possible to even use a chrome based tablet for full Windows programs. Specs would probably kill the experience though, but it may be possible at some point.

reQ

I need it to be able to run Corel & Photoshop. I will not be designing super complex graphics on it. Its more for me to show something to the customers when i am visiting them. Reason why i am thinking about Surface is not because of pen but the horse power to be able to run needed software.

untitled

I have an original Surface Pro which runs Photoshop and Illustrator fine. The screen on those are to small for any kind of actual design work, but would work fine for showing stuff. I now have a Surface Book which I will take with me when needing to measure things as I will take a picture and write directly on the photo the measurements. I find it to be much better than paper as I always have the photo for reference. Other than that I never use the pen.

I don't usually show customers anything with it, however if you get one of the higher end ones they will have no problem running your software. I have only had the I7 versions so I cannot comment much on the lower end models. I did have Surface Pro 4 for a while but then returned it to get the Surface Book. Not that I didn't like it, just thought the book would end up being better with a little bit bigger screen and solid keyboard. In my opinion you can't really go wrong with the higher end versions, however they are not cheap.

reQ

Nah, i am not even planing to design anything on site, but take a picture, put it in corel & make notes & quick drafts so i can transfer everything on work computer after. Its just a convenience thing.
Decided to grab Teclast x5 Pro tablet. its a china brand which is not as powerfull as Surface Pro 4, but costed me under $700 CAD with keyboard & even a pen. Has 8 GB of RAM & 256 GB of SSD space. Also runs intel newer Kaby lake CPU M37Y30. Should me more than enough for what i need. Once i get it, i will do a review of it. Maybe some one will be looking for same kind of solution.

Dallas225

I run a surface pro 4 the i5 processor and 8gb ram. Runs illustrator and photoshop along with flexi 12 designer no problem. Like everyone said - not the cheapest units around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk