• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone use the CADTool 5 macro for Corel?

neato

I recently purchased the CADTool 5 macro. I love the idea of it, but I'm getting varied results with the dimension tool. I have the settings set to US Architectural, but it seems to choose shapes to revert to Fractional mode. Sometimes only with one side of the object.

It's a bummer because I purchased it mainly for the dimension tool.

Hoping someone here might have some knowledge of this macro.

neato

It's faster to add dimensions to an object and creates nicer looking lines IMO. What macro are you using?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Make 1 selection or multiple then run. I assigned the letter d as a shortcut. select a shape and hit d.

Sub DimensionAll()
Dim srSelection As ShapeRange
Dim x As Double, y As Double, w As Double, h As Double
Dim sPt1 As SnapPoint, sPt2 As SnapPoint
Dim s As Shape
Optimization = True
ActiveDocument.BeginCommandGroup "Quick Dimensions"
EventsEnabled = False
ActiveDocument.SaveSettings
ActiveDocument.PreserveSelection = False
On Error GoTo ErrHandler
Set srSelection = ActiveSelectionRange
For Each s In srSelection
s.GetBoundingBox x, y, w, h
Set sPt1 = CreateSnapPoint(x, y + h)
Set sPt2 = CreateSnapPoint(x + w, y + h)
Set s = ActiveLayer.CreateLinearDimension(cdrDimensionHorizontal, sPt1, sPt2, True, , , cdrDimensionStyleFractional, Units:=cdrDimensionUnitIN)
s.Dimension.TextShape.SetPosition x + w / 2, y + h + 1
s.Dimension.TextShape.Text.Story.Size = 54
Set sPt1 = CreateSnapPoint(x, y)
Set sPt2 = CreateSnapPoint(x, y + h)
Set s = ActiveLayer.CreateLinearDimension(cdrDimensionVertical, sPt1, sPt2, True, , , cdrDimensionStyleFractional, Units:=cdrDimensionUnitIN)
s.Dimension.TextShape.SetPosition x - 1, y + sx / 2
s.Dimension.TextShape.Text.Story.Size = 54
Next s
ExitSub:
ActiveDocument.PreserveSelection = True
ActiveDocument.RestoreSettings
EventsEnabled = True
Optimization = False
ActiveDocument.ClearSelection
ActiveWindow.Refresh
Application.Refresh
ActiveDocument.EndCommandGroup
Exit Sub

ErrHandler:
MsgBox "Error occured: " & Err.Description
Resume ExitSub

End Sub

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Open Macro Manager Docker
-tools/macros/macro manager
Right click Visual Basic for Applications
- Choose New Macro Project
- Type in the name “DimensionAll” (no spaces)
- Hit Save
It will be highlighted at the bottom of the docker
- click off of it then right click on it
- choose New Module
- again click off then right click on Module1
- choose New Macro and Macro Editor will open
- Copy the code and paste in place of all

neato

Well that's pretty sweet! It works!

I might try to play with it a bit to adjust the font size and style.

Thanks a ton!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
You can find all kinds of macros out there that'll help out tremendously. Once you start playing with them you can write your own.

neato

I've been using Corel draw since high school (almost 25 years) and it never ceases to amaze me what it can do.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I need to check into this. I draw to size, and then scale the sign down to fit on a sheet, drag guidelines to the edge, and just make the lines and enter the dimension text as needed, and Mark the drawing scale on the title block to NTS (not to scale)

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
I need to check into this. I draw to size, and then scale the sign down to fit on a sheet, drag guidelines to the edge, and just make the lines and enter the dimension text as needed, and Mark the drawing scale on the title block to NTS (not to scale)
Though that is an easy way to draw, it is not recommended if you go to get permits and work with engineers. I draw to architectural or engieering scale and then blow up to full size when pattern fies are made. But then again I went to drafting school and learned how to draw to scale. I have seen too many novice designer draw full size and then botch dimensioning and proportions on thier proofs and when I try to make a shop drawings from them it is a total mess.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Here's another. I have a hard time remembering the keystroke code for special characters such as alt+0176 (Degree Sign) so I made series of macros to drop them in when needed. Registered, cent, copyright, trademark, and

Sub WhiteSqaure() 'inserts large white square symbol
On Error Resume Next
ActiveShape.Text.Selection.Replace Text:=ChrW(11036)
End Sub