• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Fellers short everybody on small orders of "vinyl by the yard"?

RG

Is it just me or does Fellers short any one else on small orders of "vinyl by the yard"? I just ordered a yard of reflective vinyl for a small job and they send me a piece that measures 28.5". The last time I checked a yard is 36". That's about 20% less than a yard. And this is the third time that has happened. Don't get me all wrong--I appreciate the fact that there is at least one company that will sell by the yard. But a yard is a yard is 36 inches.

gabagoo

Don't pay them...all suppliers should have it in their costing that on small orders we pay more per yard and that should include an inch or so extra.

I would also be cautious about buying end rolls as every time they mark off how much they take off in yardage they miscalculate the extra inches that go along with it...in the end it can be out by a yard or more.....

Just bought 15 yards of reflective and about halfway through there is an unmarked seam!!!! Good thing I caught it

• Agree
Reactions: RG

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I've had it happen in the past. A quick call and they ship out another piece. Sure, it sucks if you need it right now for a job.

• Agree
Reactions: RG

AKwrapguy

THIS. you should be doing this whether Fellers sent it to you or you had some scrap piece laying around.

We do this all the time. It helps get every extra penny out of the roll. If there's not enough material on a roll to put through the printer (HP 570) we use it for sheeting blanks.

GetTarps

Alot of these guys measure with a mechnical counter which is wildly inaccurate. Ask them? They need to do to electronic/digital. If it was my business and i was selling by the yard, in a second i would go electronic.

rob402

i used to pick up from the fellers warehouse near me pretty often. i would always call the warehouse to straighten things out before calling in to complain. they use complaints or any trivial mistake as a reason to take away the employee's bonuses.

AaronSSsignsKC

Yep if you ever go to a fellers warehouse you will most likely see someone less excited about there job than you tracking rolls out on the tables and literally just using the length of the table to measure. It is not and will never be accurate. IF you can find a distributor that sells directly from the manf. We get most of our oracal directly from them and it is a two day ship anywhere in the country from their headquarters and we rarely have issues with rolls being short etc.

mmblarg

We've had both ways, some were short, some were long. They've always fixed the issue if it's been short though. We also know that where ever we go for short runs of material you could come up with the wrong measurement (just the nature of the beast) so we always forewarn customers when we need to order in material and that the completion time is dependent on availability and shipping factors