• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Flexi jive with Rasterlink?

max

hello all.. was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the in and outs of RIP software.
i am getting a Mimaki jv33 soon and currently am running Flexi 8.1 which of course has no driver for the JV33.
however the JV33 comes with its own rip in Rasterlink Pro5.
so i am hoping to use the Rasterlink rip to print from my Flexi 8 software.
was hoping to find out if i can do this and if it will work seemlessly even with contour cutting printed graphics.
thanks so much for any advice on this

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I believe Flexi must be at least 8.5 to support a JV33 natively. If you know someone with 8.5 (or 8.6v2) it is "possible" to copy certain key files and edit a couple of particular files to get it to show up on 8.0(8.1) but it requires some pretty technical skills to find the specific files and to identify the specific configuration files you need to add some config info to. I've done it before a few years ago. As far as using Flexi 8 design to send to Rasterlink, I'm not sure. I know you can design something in Flexi, export it, then open that in Rasterlink but I'm not sure if you can directly send to Rasterlink.

nikdoobs

You have to export a .pdf or jpeg file from flexi and then import into rasterlink. I don't think there is a way to do contour cut with Flexi 8 and Rasterlink but I'm not 100% certain on that.

Steph_Stamm

Quick mention: Flexi Design, the subscription format of the latest version of Flexi, sends design files directly to RasterLink. File > Send > Send to RasterLink. It starts at $20/month. Check in with your reseller (there are many awesome ones on this forum) or find more info here: www.thinksai.com/flexisubscriptions