• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Graphtec have a cut length limit?

TheSnowman

I recently had to do a factory reset on my Graphtec, and so far, it fixed one problem, but now has lead to another problem. My cutter just randomly stops cutting whenever it feels like it. I had 10 yard signs printed, it cut a little over half the vinyl. I just tried cutting some giant graphics for another job, and when cutting the word "tool" it just constantly cuts "too" over and over and over. All I'm doing is throwing money in the garbage this morning.

I'm assuming it's some kind of a length restriction that got reset when I reverted to factory settings, and it didn't come to me till I started this post, so I'll dig a little deeper on that, but wondered if that made sense to anyone else, and what we could do about it.

fresh

You need to change the maximum length on a print dialog screen. Do you cut directly from your graphics program or do you use a program to plot?

TheSnowman

I'm using cutting master 3. I finally figured out where the page size was and set it to 1000CM. It was on 200. Sure enough, soon as I made that change, it cut everything perfectly. If only I could get back the roll of 48" Oracal that I wasted on learning of this problem, I'd be a happy camper.