• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

does it work?

awilcox

okay another question how do I know the plotter works or not before I invest in getting new software is there a was to test it? or check it? can someone walk me step by step thank you in advance
amber

jdb

Download the manual and it will tell you how to do that. They are good to have around and can answer many of your questions.

awilcox

yeah trying to see if the plotter will cut can you do that with out software like a test cut or something

eforer

yeah trying to see if the plotter will cut can you do that with out software like a test cut or something

Yes, see my reply in your other thread on this subject. Its in the menu under test cut, I think, its not buried anywhere, just play with it a bit.

eforer

I don't know what to tell you. At some point you just have to start trying stuff. I bought the machine used when I was just starting out and it didn't come with a manual. Its pretty straight forward, just poke around until you find what you need. I can't remember the specifics, but in 5 minutes I had the box opened and performed a test cut, found it by just cycling through a few menus.

Don't be afraid to play with it, you can't really break it so try stuff. No one is going to be able to walk you through step by step on this because:

A) Its an old machine and few people are still using it.
B) Its an easy machine to use and most won't remember how to do things on it from memory as its self explanatory when your looking at it. What I mean to say is, that most people remember the minutia how to do things in interfaces that are quirky because it was a pain to figure out. No one remembers the steps on something simple because they don't have to.

These things are pretty diesel so the odds its not working at all are slim. Just try and cycle through all the menus and settings and you'll find th test cut function right quick.

awilcox

okay found out the lever for the rollers is not connecting right when I let it down I think I got taken when I bought this so I was trying to get a hold of the guy and he won't answer his phone now imagine that

THATgirl

When I first got my roland, the handle kept getting loose and when I lowered it to cut, it wouldn't connect properly. Does the handle feel a bit loose? Maybe you need to remove the top of the plotter and make sure all is connected right. I had to put some clear nail polish on to keep the screws tight so the handle didn't 'not connect' as often. The last time I used lock tite I think and haven't had any troubles since. good luck to you.

awilcox

I think I got the plotter fixed had to take it apart though...now only need to get the right software... here we go again.