Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Not Print!

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by robvon, Aug 17, 2012.

1. robvon

robvon New Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Pa
    Just replaced print heads and dampers. Pulled ink thru dampers and still no ink comes out on test print. Mutoh Falcon Junior 38. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Tags:
  2. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    Did you pull thru dampers or thru the heads as well? Pull from waste lines while heads are parked on capping station.

3. SlightlyChilled

SlightlyChilled Very Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell
    I have learned to let the head sit for a little after pulling ink through the waste lines.(on a new head) Also do you hear the 2 beeps right before the carriage moves to print? More like tones if not you blow a head fuse..

4. robvon

robvon New Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Pa
    I dont have it hooked up to computer yet. Just doing test prints. I did pull ink from bottom of dampers but I did not get anything out of waste lines with syringe. May be the fuse. Where is it located on board. Thanks alot.

5. robvon

robvon New Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Pa
    Wants to do a print test...But nothing comes out. Getting "O" rings next week. Entered NEW Head Rank Numbers. Still nothing. Getting the two beeps when it starts to print. Can't pull any ink out of heads when in capping station thru waste tubes. Thanks for looking.

6. SlightlyChilled

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell
    Even when run the test print you can hear the tones

7. SlightlyChilled

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell
    when you try to pull does it sound like its sucking air or are you not able to pull at all?

If you hear air it's one of two thinks head not sitting on capping station or holes in the pump tubes.

If you can't pull even air then the lines are clogged.

8. robvon

robvon New Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Pa
    Finally got Black to pull thru. Color must have leak. Will replace "O" rings next week. Still doesn't print black in nozzle check. I think I checked right fuses. All OK.

9. SlightlyChilled

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell
    I guess you got this used???

10. robvon

robvon New Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Pa
    Yes. I bought it and it included supplies worth the cost of sale. So Im not into it very much. Thanks for your help.

11. SlightlyChilled

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell
    Glad to help. Im not 100% that the o-ring is your golden ticket. even with a bad damper O-ring the head should still print a little black.

12. robvon

robvon New Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Pa
    Did a wash with Black Ink. Still no printing. Motherboard has D7 and D15 RED LED's flashing. D12 is always ON. Any help is appreciated. Head fuses OK.