• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Does Roland Xc540 Auto Self Clean?

Jonzed

We just purchased a used Roland XC540. Should it auto clean? We had a Mimaki and every 4 hours it would turn on and do a auto clean and turn itself back off. The XC540 doesn't do it but should it? Is there something in the settings?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

vrazor

Our Roland XR-640 cycles the ink every so often but the actual cleaning cycles are manual. We only do them when a head doesn't seem to be firing 100% since they waste ink.

Jonzed

Our Roland XR-640 cycles the ink every so often but the actual cleaning cycles are manual. We only do them when a head doesn't seem to be firing 100% since they waste ink.
How often does it ink cycle?

Jonzed

Should the fan inside control board run all the time? Ours runs 24hours a day.

Hey Jonzed,

As for cleaning frequency, the XC-540 only needs an auto-cleaning once a day (usually after being inactive for 8 hours). You can always induce a manual cleaning, but that's usually not required for this printer.

As for periodic cleaning, you can adjust the frequency of that (which cleans while printing), but if your printer is printing well, it's discouraged to change the periodic cleaning values. This is only used if you are experiencing ink starvation issues while printing or deformities in printing.

Finally, as for the vacuum being on all the time. The previous owners likely set the vacuum power to a value other than "Auto". If you set to auto, it will turn off when not printing. If you set to a percentage value, such as 90%, the vacuum will not turn off. This is available in the user menu of the printer.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Jonzed

Actually its not the vaccum thats on its a small fan inside the circuit board that runs all the time even when the machine is in "stand By"

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Actually its not the vaccum thats on its a small fan inside the circuit board that runs all the time even when the machine is in "stand By"

Yes, it's a protective measure. These machines are just like computers and need to be cooled off to work at their best and to protect them from damage. I think the XC model is old enough that they just had it run all the time instead of having a circuit that reads the temp and turns it off when necessary.

Ah, our apologies.

VanderJ is right, regarding the fan attached directly to the circuit board.

However, if you're referring to the chassis fans (there are two of them and they're positioned right at the circuit boards), the chassis fans should not run all the time, 24 hours a day. This could be fan junction board cable connection problem, a junction board failure, and/or a servo board problem. For all of these possibilities, you'll have to call your regional Roland dealer to have the machine inspected and possibly repaired.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Here is a video so I am explaining in right. Fan runs 24/7.

Thanks for the video. The fan shown in the video is the chassis fan. As noted in our email above, the chassis fans should not run all the time, 24 hours a day. This could be fan junction board cable connection problem, a junction board failure, and/or a servo board problem. For all of these possibilities, you'll have to call your regional Roland dealer to have the machine inspected and possibly repaired. We hope this helps in some way and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

E Coloney

My machine hums 24 hrs a day. The main power needs to be on. I leave the soft power on (on the front right) so it can wake up and suck a little ink through the heads. If you don't use your machine much, do a TEST PRINT every other day to make each nozzle fire on the print heads. Ink is CHEAP compared to a print head and the labor to change it. You can do it yourself but it takes a lot of adjusting and tune up in the process.

sidcon

Hi, I was wondering if you found the problem for the humming fan that doesnt shut off even when I turn the machine off on the front. 2 are actually running, the one in the pic and the one under that bard. Drives me crazy listening to this all day lol. Thanks for any info

Last edited:

Jonzed

Hi, I was wondering if you found the problem for the humming fan that doesnt shut off even when I turn the machine off on the front. 2 are actually running, the one in the pic and the one under that bard. Drives me crazy listening to this all day lol. Thanks for any info
No. I have had a tech look at it when he serviced it. He said no problem to let it run. I did take the back off of it and clean the fan and circuit board with compressed air. It was pretty dirty

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey team,

Revisting Jonzed video above, we noticed the machine seems to be in "Sleep" mode. In that mode, the printer is technically still powered on, so the fans will continue to run, but it does seem quite loud. The excessive noise could be a failing fan, so it's likely the fan needs to be replaced, but that would just be for the noise.

As for the fan running all the time, you should be able to get the fan to stop spinning by sub-powering off the printer (turn off the front power button).

If so the fan stops while sub-powered off, then our original considerations still stand (e.g. could be fan junction board cable connection problem, a junction board failure, and/or a servo board problem). However, it may not be worth the money needed to replace those parts, we'll let you and the dealer discuss those options.

We hope this info helps in some way and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Jonzed

Hey team,

Revisting Jonzed video above, we noticed the machine seems to be in "Sleep" mode. In that mode, the printer is technically still powered on, so the fans will continue to run, but it does seem quite loud. The excessive noise could be a failing fan, so it's likely the fan needs to be replaced, but that would just be for the noise.

As for the fan running all the time, you should be able to get the fan to stop spinning by sub-powering off the printer (turn off the front power button).

If so the fan stops while sub-powered off, then our original considerations still stand (e.g. could be fan junction board cable connection problem, a junction board failure, and/or a servo board problem). However, it may not be worth the money needed to replace those parts, we'll let you and the dealer discuss those options.

We hope this info helps in some way and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn
Should I turn off the front power button regularly? Will it damage the printer to always power down the front power button.? I always let the printer go Into sleep mode with the power light flashing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

crny1

I have a xc-540 and since day 1 I have ALWAYS held the front power button down until the machine shuts down. Never had any problems like this. The machine will auto turn on once a day and run a bit of ink through the lines. Again, never had a problem doing this in 4 years.

Kuba

Roland Friends! I got a one specific question: Which options should we activated on R. SC545ex, so that it will automatically short clean the heads once a day? Manual user or service no any informations about. Please?