• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Does the Latex 310 have the ability to overprint

iceon

latex 310
Flexi 12 subscription
Orcal 3850 translucent
I wondering does the 310 have the capability to overprint?
The issue I'm having is printing a gradient from black to red I get a purple as its coming from the black.
I tried to raster the image but then the red turns to an orange. Thanks

AKwrapguy

latex 310
Flexi 12 subscription
Orcal 3850 translucent
I wondering does the 310 have the capability to overprint?
The issue I'm having is printing a gradient from black to red I get a purple as its coming from the black.
I tried to raster the image but then the red turns to an orange. Thanks

So is the color an issue while being back-lite? I know that you can adjust the ink density and this might help, it could also be a profile issue. Are you using a canned profile or one that you created yourself?

iceon

yes color issue my black turns a purple color as it gradient to red. And yes the print is real light in color.
I've tried two profiles oracals 3850sg and a generic backlit. just tried the over print and it printed the background over the most of the words.

FrankW

No overprint, but when printing up to 20 Passes, it is as good.

Color shifts like you describe are regularl the result of a profile which wont match. Do a recalibration of the profile, or try to switch off colour management for that specific print.

iceon

No overprint, but when printing up to 20 Passes, it is as good.

Color shifts like you describe are regularl the result of a profile which wont match. Do a recalibration of the profile, or try to switch off colour management for that specific print.
I want to thank you for your advice its the best print I've gotten in the last two days. I don't understand if we all have these issues why the printer manufacturers haven't addressed these issues better.
Thank You again........

FrankW

I want to thank you for your advice its the best print I've gotten in the last two days. I don't understand if we all have these issues why the printer manufacturers haven't addressed these issues better.
Thank You again........

You‘re welcome.

AKwrapguy

yes color issue my black turns a purple color as it gradient to red. And yes the print is real light in color.
I've tried two profiles oracals 3850sg and a generic backlit. just tried the over print and it printed the background over the most of the words.

So you want to mess with the ink density. So I would look at increasing the number of passes, ink density and since your laying down more ink but you are having more dwell time you will still probably need to tweak your heat setting as well. Maybe look at doing something like 16 pass with 120% ink density and playing with heat. If you need to create an inter-pass delay to help with curing.

burgmurk

Try adjusting/removing the amount of cyan in the black. I'm not familiar with printing with flexi, but in onyx or colorgate you can just fiddle with the curves.