• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Does This Look Correct? Mimaki Jv3 - 130 Spii

gabagoo

I am posting a pic of my head unit. I saw this one connector that looks strange where it is...it is not loose but maybe it has something to do with the electric eye when setting up a new roll of material. I just found it odd the way it looked jammed in there

Attachments

• IMG_4243.JPG
    IMG_4243.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 175

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It needs to be pushed down so it is flat. I always thought it was weird that they didn't hold that sensor down with anything.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yep.... media sensor. Thats what reads the width of the material you have loaded. If its cockeyed like that the measurement will be way off or give you an error. They actually are held in place, just very poorly with plastic clips on the bottom. The first even minor media or head strike generally knocks it loose and will often break one of the clips off. This is the bottom side of an old crusty busted one. The clips are circled - two are intact, one is gone, the last one is almost totally broken off. Not sure why I even still have that laying around. Its one I replaced a few years ago....

IMG_0930.jpg