Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog bite/scratch Font

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by iGraphics&Designs, Aug 28, 2012.

1. iGraphics&Designs

iGraphics&Designs Member

Jun 30, 2011
    I had a local Law Enforcement Officer come in and was wanting a new K-9 vehicle lettered up. He mentioned to me that he recently saw a font that it looked like a dog had taken a bite out of each letter, or either a dog had scratched the letters in the font. After researching for a while I have yet to find this font. Does anyone know a name for a font/typeface like this, or where I might be able to buy this font?

Tags:
  2. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Tell him that's going to look ridiculous. It's a law enforcement vehicle, not a damn clown car. tell him to quit trying to waste taxpayer money on some gimmicky crap that he thinks will look cool and do something that looks respectable and professional.

Sorry, this kind of crap pisses me off. One redneck yahoo deciding it's okay for him to blow a bunch of somebody elses money on some hairbrained design idea of his because there's no oversight and nobody to hold him accountable for wasting tax money.

3. GVP

GVP Active Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Swift Current, SK
    Ouch! (but true)

4. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Sorry. Shouldn't have said that. I'm all better now. Sounds like a great idea....make sure you get a deposit!

5. strypguy

strypguy Active Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Carroll, Iowa
    :roflmao:

6. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    X2 on what Pat said, the first time.
    Ignore his subsequent posts, he must be drinking.

7. iGraphics&Designs

iGraphics&Designs Member

Jun 30, 2011
    LOL Pat. This guy is usually straight cut and classy, but when he mentioned this font I planned to try and push him away from it. Thanks for the help on this one, I really appreciate it. Now I just hope he doesn't say, "Oh that's awesome, can we use that font?"

8. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    Another black eye for Kentucky.

:banghead:

9. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    All that we've ever done for K9 units is put warnings on the rear doors/windows of the dog being there, everything else on the unit is the same as the rest of the dept.

Sometimes the K9 guys have their own local "K9 club/group" that they belong to, but none of that artwork goes on the cruisers.