• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dome Labels

equippaint

We have a customer looking to have their 3 letter logo (its basic) domed for a trade show product display about 6-8" tall per letter. Each letter individually done rather than a whole box. Does anyone here do this or know someone that does? Something like this: Deco-Lens

IND Digital Dept.

@industryprintshop
We have a customer looking to have their 3 letter logo (its basic) domed for a trade show product display about 6-8" tall per letter. Each letter individually done rather than a whole box. Does anyone here do this or know someone that does? Something like this: Deco-Lens
Seems like your best bet is to go with the company you linked to. Looks like some of their products are made here in USA as well.

MikePro

doming is pretty neat, and relatively easy to do yourself. I've gotten some great effects on dimensional lettering as well, especially ones with metallic laminates.
these guys will even send you samples of their product, which may actually be enough to do a few 6-8" letters.

equippaint

doming is pretty neat, and relatively easy to do yourself. I've gotten some great effects on dimensional lettering as well, especially ones with metallic laminates.
these guys will even send you samples of their product, which may actually be enough to do a few 6-8" letters.
Thanks, it looks simple to do on small runs. I was confused on how they did the letters by themselves but for what we need I could cut them out and overlay them on a background.

MikePro

there's youtube videos available regarding the process, but its pretty much that straight-forward:
cut/weed your decals, and pour-on your resin. the surface tension of the resin keeps it from running-off the side of the vinyl letter (as long as you don't apply too much at once) and then the resin forms a "water droplet" curvature that is taller in the center than at the edges.

thought it was neat on a decal, but when I did it to a 1/2" acrylic letter with a metallic laminate, it came out AMAZING! the doming resin really makes metallics POP!

rjssigns

Easy enough DIY project. I get the doming kits from a real estate company out east. A piece of glass set up dead level becomes the doming table. Clear storage bin is used for a dust cover. Sewing needle and a micro-torch are used to remove bubbles.

Apply a little at a time so it can flow. I usually start an eighth inch or so from the edge. Once the liquid hits the edge I fill the middle. Taking your time is key. You'll quickly develop a feel for it.