• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Doming Decal Attempt

comp56

Thought I would try doming decals, this is my first attempt with an oval shape, it turned out better than I expected so I challenged myself with a shape that had sharp edges. Here is the result.

Bill Modzel

I used to put a small radius on both the inside and outside corners. It was hardly noticeable and sped up the process considerably.

comp56

yes I just was trying something to see my limits but your right a slight radius would make a difference.

MikePro

doming epoxy is fun. looks super cool on a metal laminated letter too. I mean, laminate is cool but the doming resin really makes metallic effects POP.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
It is fun. It's amazing how it works, how the surface tension seems to just keep the resin from flowing off the edge.

It's a cool product for sure. Something else to add to your lineup. Great work!

Val47

Hmmm, this is an intriguing thread. No experience with this and decals, but in my past life I do have experience with resin jewelry. Cabochons etc.. I want to look into this more...
Seems the same, but without a vessel/frame to contain the resin. Is It thicker? Does it require a layering process? I used flame to prevent bubbles while it set.

comp56

How long does it take for the epoxy to cure?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
about 12 hours to touch and work with. no rush orders with this stuff...lol
Hmmm, this is an intriguing thread. No experience with this and decals, but in my past life I do have experience with resin jewelry. Cabochons etc.. I want to look into this more...
Seems the same, but without a vessel/frame to contain the resin. Is It thicker? Does it require a layering process? I used flame to prevent bubbles while it set.
Not going to lie, I'm doing this from the seat of my pants, So in saying that I may or may not be doing it right but from what I have tried it is straight forward make decal/print add resin let dry. I have tried it on a couple different vinyls so it seems anything will work.