• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Doming Success

rjssigns

Thanks to Pat White, petepaz and the rest that offered advice ideas with my doming issue. Here is the result. Doming 900x600.jpg

Had a couple failures, but know what happened. The printable brushed material I use needs to be mounted then domed.

Still happy with the results.

rjssigns

Thanks for the kind words. They are dash badges for antique boats. We digitized the lettering, had the tags laser cut etc...

We were doing this:frustrated:at first. Then Pat and petepaz said brushed poly is touchy to dome and failures are common. Spot on with that analysis.

Out of 20 we binned 6. I'm happy and the customer is ecstatic.

petepaz

glad it worked out. also i don't remember but what type of printer are you using to print the nameplates before doming?
(also glad i could help, the majority of the time it's me looking for help...haha)

rjssigns

glad it worked out. also i don't remember but what type of printer are you using to print the nameplates before doming?
(also glad i could help, the majority of the time it's me looking for help...haha)

Roland Sp540V with Eco-Sol MAX ink. Brushed poly prints beautifully. It's the doming part that causes fits.

As I'm typing this I may try printing on clear then doming. Easy enough to put a brush finish on aluminum or just use brushed stainless.

Probably double hit the print for some density but let the finish show. Whaddya think?