• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Don't lose his phone number.

threeputt

Had a woman call the shop yesterday. Wanted a price on a 28"x28" sign for a garage sale of some sort.

Said it must be waterproof for outside usage. Emphasized that twice.

After talking about it for a minute, I told her we could do something for the sum of $56.00. A quickie.

She then said "what, that's way high! I've already gotten a price of ten dollars".

I said,"really?" She confirmed the price again, and all I could think to say was, "don't lose that guy's phone number".

I guess it was kind of a "flip" thing to say, but it just popped out.

Why was she still shopping around? Maybe get it for nine dollars?

CanuckSigns

lol, classic!

should have told her you could do it for $9, but due to other jobs, you wouldn't be able to get to it untill the morning that she needs it.

When she comes to pick it up, tell her someone came in and offered you $12 for the sign, so you sold it to him instead.

2B

lol, classic!

should have told her you could do it for $9, but due to other jobs, you wouldn't be able to get to it untill the morning that she needs it.

When she comes to pick it up, tell her someone came in and offered you $12 for the sign, so you sold it to him instead.

:U Rock::goodpost:

next time get his #, then you can outsource and rake in the $$$

or better yet buy one of those signs and see what a 28x28 waterproof sign is

J

john1

Had a woman call the shop yesterday. Wanted a price on a 28"x28" sign for a garage sale of some sort.

Said it must be waterproof for outside usage. Emphasized that twice.

After talking about it for a minute, I told her we could do something for the sum of $56.00. A quickie.

She then said "what, that's way high! I've already gotten a price of ten dollars".

I said,"really?" She confirmed the price again, and all I could think to say was, "don't lose that guy's phone number".

I guess it was kind of a "flip" thing to say, but it just popped out.

Why was she still shopping around? Maybe get it for nine dollars?

Not even worth your time, $10...ha!

Had a lady call earlier wanting yard signs for this weekend, I got all excited then she said "I need 4". Gave her a price of $25 each, She said "your cheaper then signs by tomorrow but im going to call around"

lol

threeputt

You know, what's funny is people will call and want say, six 18"x24" coro signs. I'll tell them the "each" price and they kinda faint.

Then I tell them I can make (30) of them (our minimum for screenprint) for about a fifty bucks more.

That really get's them scratching their heads.

Wait, wait for it.....

"But I only need six, what would I do with thirty?"

It's your call on that pal, but to be honest with you, we have several sign-making methods here (digital print, screenprint, cut vinyl) and one of them produces a low per-unit cost once certain criterias are met.

VolunteerSign

You know, what's funny is people will call and want say, six 18"x24" coro signs. I'll tell them the "each" price and they kinda faint.

Then I tell them I can make (30) of them (our minimum for screenprint) for about a fifty bucks more.

That really get's them scratching their heads.

Wait, wait for it.....

"But I only need six, what would I do with thirty?"

It's your call on that pal, but to be honest with you, we have several sign-making methods here (digital print, screenprint, cut vinyl) and one of them produces a low per-unit cost once certain criterias are met.

Unfortunately I have been guilty of telling some "customers" what they could do with the "other 24" signs

Edna

Then why not sell them just 6? I can't figure that out. If 30 is $X why now sell them 6 for the 30 price. Am i missing something?

Pat Whatley

Because the conversation inevitably goes like this:

Customer: I need five signs.

Me: Well, five signs are $25 each but if you order 20 signs the price goes down to $7 each so for $15 more you're getting 15 more signs.

Customer: Yeah, let me just get the five signs.

Me: Sure, no problem. That makes your total $125, I just need to get a 50% deposit.

Customer: What? you just said that it was only $15 for 15 signs!

Me: (spend way too much time trying to explain how pricing works)

Customer: Whatever. Just give me the five signs.

Me: Sure, no problem. That makes your total $125, I just need to get a 50% deposit.

Customer: $125?! You said they were $7 each!

Me: (bang head on counter)

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
When we did a ton of retail signs we inevitably got calls just like this one. We kept coro blanks and giant sharpie markers around just for this.

3 12x18" Blanks, 3 15" Wire Frames and a big marker for $15. $5 a sign and they are weather resistant.

Obviously this isn't a product line everyone wants to carry, but you never know what may come of it. It allows you to give a [low] paying customer a legitimate option instead of the finger.

slappy

i'm now consdering to just remove the blade from my plotter, stick a marker in, and a piece of coro and draw it out and the customer can color it like a coloring book...

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Made it easy on ourselves and our customers. We sell them in multiples of 10 for $8 each. ANY amount below 10 is $25 each. I simply tell them they are made on a 4'x8' sheet then cut down and that it's not cost effective to make them one at a time. We don't even offer die-cut coro or banners. I tell them Full color is the same price as one color so they might as well make them really nice looking.

phototec

Me: Well, five signs are $25 each but if you order 20 signs the price goes down to $7 each so for $15 more you're getting 15 more signs.

Ok five signs are $25 each, is that 1-side or 2-sided signs, and if not 2-sided, how much for five 2-sided signs?

:help

fixtureman

I would say OK i;ll take all 20 but only print 5

MikePro

When we did a ton of retail signs we inevitably got calls just like this one. We kept coro blanks and giant sharpie markers around just for this.

3 12x18" Blanks, 3 15" Wire Frames and a big marker for $15. $5 a sign and they are weather resistant.

Obviously this isn't a product line everyone wants to carry, but you never know what may come of it. It allows you to give a [low] paying customer a legitimate option instead of the finger.

+1