• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dont skip lunch ever again on an install..

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Y'all need to try out Door Dash.

I hate leaving a jobsite for lunch and only having pizza (which I cant eat) as a delivery option.

Door Dash is a game changer

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If ya wanted, you could always get the pizza and only eat the toppings and leave the crust behind for the birds. Or just pack a lunch, like normal people. You're getting to an age, where it's not good to have your blood sugar spike or dive, uncontrollably. Ya need intake every so many hours to keep your body performing properly.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Problem with a pack lunch for me is all bread is off limits...no sandwiches.... that and processed meat is cancer. I do carry nutrition bars and fruit but that only goes so far.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahh, my neighbor was gluten-intolerant. They have gluten-free all kindsa breads and things you can eat at the store..... and it's healthy. Not to mention, his wife would make things based around his needs. He ate like a horse..... maybe I should say steer, cause they raised steers for a living. He'd cheat here and there, but as long as he stuck to his diet the majority of the time, he was fine. He even drank specail beer, which there were a few for him from which to choose.

You can do it, but that intrigues me..... what is door dash ??

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Matt Serra - former UFC champion and trainer of MMA fighters swears by cauliflower dough gluten free pizza.
Says it is one of the best tasting pizzas he has eaten and he is a New York Italian-American.
(If you listen to his UFC Unfiltered podcast - he swears about many things)

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I prefer GrubHub. They're typically less expensive. If I'm out of town installing, I typically use them for dinner so I can sit in the hotel and get work done.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
you would never make it in buffalo...

chicken-wings-2-1200x675.jpg
Pizza_bocce.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Door Dash is when you eat at Taco Bell and run to the bathroom door.

................ or drop it on your pants, then onto the floor and ponder if you're gonna still eat it or not. Might've picked up some extra protein along the way.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I've been on a whole food plant based diet for about 14 months. I'm 66 years old and eat more carbs than I ever did. My type 2 diabetes is cured as well as high blood pressure, joint pain and swelling. I have also lost over 40 pounds. There is no need to avoid wheat unless you suffer from celiac disease and that is fairly rare. My type 2 was fast becoming type 1 when I started. I fired my doctor!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I've been on a whole food plant based diet for about 14 months. I'm 66 years old and eat more carbs than I ever did. My type 2 diabetes is cured as well as high blood pressure, joint pain and swelling. I have also lost over 40 pounds. There is no need to avoid wheat unless you suffer from celiac disease and that is fairly rare. My type 2 was fast becoming type 1 when I started. I fired my doctor!

Yup, even rarer to have Celiac & Chrons... my food is so limited :(

cant stop looking at the pics of wings and pizza

billsines

What is a whole food plant based diet where you can eat carbs?

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
What is a whole food plant based diet where you can eat carbs?
A whole food plant based diet has to have carbs as the main source of calories. I think the main concern for this is that most people think type 2 diabetes is caused by eating carbs but the fact is that type 2 diabetes is caused by consuming to much fat/oil. Cutting out fat/oil from your diet can(and has) cured type 2 diabetes in less than 10 days.

bannertime

uberEats, DoorDash, Postmates, Favor Delivery, GrubHub are all on my phone. I use them all because they have different promotions and offerings. I personally like Favor, but uberEats gets a majority of my money. I had stopped using DoorDash after drivers had issues and restaurants started dropping them awhile back. Seems things have calmed down for them.